Agnostic.com

20 16

LINK This Priest Used a Water Gun to Shoot Holy Water in Parishioners’ Cars | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

One interesting thing about the pandemic is that it really shines a light as to what church leaders consider important and what they consider frivolous.

(added later) After reading responses below, the idea popped into my head that it would make a very funny comedy sketch top first have one priest using a squirt gun full of holy water, then he encounters a second priest from a competing denomination also with a squirt gun. They notice each other and continue to squirt people for a bit with concern of the other one. Of course they turn and start squirting each other. They they get joined by other priests and the size of the sqirt funs gets larger with each new priest. Then, we see a firehouse where an alarm sounds, with fire fighters sliding down a pole the door opens and the fire engine rolls out and heads down the street and the camera pans to a sign in front of the firehouse that reads "Atheist Hellfire fighters". they arrfive at what how is a street full of priests with super soakers. The fire men (and women, maybe all women?) hose down the priests on both sides with fire hoses The bit ends with a newspaper headline that reads "Religion is all washed up". The idea probably needs to be refined somewhat.

snytiger6 9 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Last night Late Night with Colbert did a bit on this.

He needed a super soaker to reach the back row.

At least he is better then the sicko Polish AB who claimed Covid19 would not be able to infect those at mass and getting communion.And many other idiot religious folks have signed onto that death warrant.

jest say'n

Ya gotta get that good holiness out there somehow. How did the people getting blessed this way not consider how comically silly this whole scenario was? They're getting blessed with a water pistol and they still take it seriously.

What does it take for these people to see how ridiculous religion is?

The silly things they do for religion. The silliest is the god claim.

Smart

bobwjr Level 10 May 19, 2020

That's pretty clever.

BD66 Level 8 May 19, 2020

What made the water holy? I would really like to know.

So the priest filled the water gun then blessed the water, the blessing went through the plastic and infused the water with God's love, of course. Makes perfect sense.

A 'drive by' squirt of diluted 'priest piss' in your car window, may as well leave the window at night andlet some stray neighbourhood Tomcat do the same job, the end result would be about the same imo.

When I was a teacher (on those steamy hot days), I would shoot my students with water pistols if they weren't listening. It wasn't holy water but I'm sure it was more effective.

Oh the goofy stuff they come up with.

I can remember a priest who got overly enthusiastic with a bucket and aspergillum - we'd all be ducking like there were incoming cow patties.

Nothing funnier.

Well except that was always followed by a censer filled with enough incense to choke a goat and my family is all allergic to it - so the "passing of the inhaler" happened soon after.

Well. That's one way to be creative.

What comes to mind is "pew, pew, pew."

Where's his shovel at so he can shovel some bullshit their way too

Apparently they do not need a shovel for that!!

@Rodatheist No kidding . It’s usually coming out the wrong hole. The one under their nose

@abyers1970 What a visual!!

At first I thought this was a joke, but he must think he is doing a great service for his parishioner. It's a little crude. Looks disrespectful for some reason. As a child in Catholic School, is did bless myself with holy water. I was not going to pass up a blessing when the purifying liquid was right there. Crazy times and more to come.

Magic water! 😀

This could have helped more!

Is the altar boy with the long pole with the basket attached to it... before or after the water gun?

@MissKathleen With an “air gun”!!

Why they not just declare the clouds holy and that way everyone and everything touched by rain would become holy, and that way people would not have to go to church to be blessed by a priest, and... and... oh... ok, I see why they don’t do it.

Not the first time a weapon has been used to “spread the faith”.

Well, if it was acid, the cars could really become holey.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:497179
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.