Agnostic.com

35 5

What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without food?

The longest I’ve gone was when I was flushing out my system and teaching myself control and discipline with an amount of 20 days with just drinking water.

EmeraldJewel 7 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i think 3 days....i go one day regularly.. then one week i only ate a slice of bread a day when i tried to lose weight. i lost 30lb in a month.

I'm miserable even if I have to fast for a blood test or for surgery. I think I'd end up in jail if I tried to go longer than that.

Lol

3 days of fasting for Jesus. Now I'm an atheist - eternally frustrated that I'll never get back those 3 days of missed opportunity to enjoy delicious noms!

Tried the lemonade diet once for a week. Horrible experience! Don't do it.

You know, when your body is starving, it starts burning muscle instead of fat, because muscle protein burns longer. Essentially by starving yourself that long your body was damaging your internal organs and heart. Please don't do these incredibly dangerous and unhealthy things, or at least don't advocate them. Ask any doctor, nurse, or nutritionalist. The body cannot go longer than 2 weeks without food before it starts breaking down muscle and organs.

I'm frankly surprised some of these people are still alive.

Not true. I've been on two 40-day fasts to get rid of DDT toxins and birth control hormones in my system. Many places in Europe have fasting centers where people are cured of almost anything, even mental illness. Just google it. I also fast every day, skipping the noon meal and going 11 hours between meals. For instance, I eat at breakfast at 7 AM, and dinner at 6 PM. I've been doing fasts since the 1970s.

@birdingnut you also believe you can teleport so forgive me if I'm skeptical about your experiences. And quite frankly I trust EVERY DOCTOR EVER SINCE MEDICINE WAS INVENTED over your supposed European faith healers. By the way, eating once a day isn't fasting.

@LadyAlyxandrea Wow. You really are a troll. I will have to block your hateful attacks. But as for calling me a liar, not only I, but my husband fasted 40 days as well, and he did it before I did. Your comments are rude and ignorant.

Article on fasting during the day for health: Link: Maybe we should cram all our food into a few hours [news.com.au] via @newscomauHQ

International Directory of Detox, Juice Fast, Healing Centers and Retreats [healthybliss.net]

I think a day.

I think maybe 4 days ,probably cause of something like the flu

Yeah, I had pneumonia several years ago. Drowning in my own lungs. I think I went for close to a week without eating. It's a great weight loss regime, though.

I’ve never gone a day without food. Longest I go is when I sleep.

Five excruciating days back when I used to use crystal meth. I was pretty sure I was going to die.

MikeM Level 3 Apr 4, 2018

maybe 12 hours, but only if asleep.

30 Day vegie juice only

During my first trimester of pregnancy, I lost nine pounds due to incessant vomiting. Some days I couldn't even hold down water. All I could do was make jokes about "worshipping the porcelain god."

Despite my desire to do everything natural, after four months the doctor gave me a drug to stop my vomiting. I realized I needed to grow the baby.

I've fasted briefly for blood labs and other medical procedures, and skipped a meal here and there, but have never had to do without food, nor tried to.

1 meal. I faint if I don't eat.

two weeks when I was four years old with measles and double pneumonia due to Churchills smogs - the inside of mu nouth was also covered in blisters so all I could do was sip water

That sounds like a horrible experience. I'm very sorry to hear that. =[

Lol take a good look at me. I have never known what real hunger feels like. And it’s a bad thing. I could use a little time without food.

No more than 14 hours, I'm weak 😀.

2 days without food. Stomach virus. 5 days without solid food. In hospital for operation.

One week drinking 5 litres of water each day. Taught me perseverance.

About 70 hours in a single stretch. Also did three months on 800 calories a day when working a seated job. Both episodes were powerfully beneficial.

Damn, left me for dead, 8 days once or twice, but went a few years only eating 2 days a week.

42 days..twice. Plus I used to routinely fast one day a week, or sometimes a week. I still fast 11 hours each day..by skipping lunch.

@Kassie I just stopped eating. You lose your appetite after two days anyway, but the annoying part is running on keytones, and having a MUCH lower energy output. Instead of wanting to go jogging, I felt more like slow strolls and playing checkers. You're fine, but weaker.

But after about 40 days, your appetite comes back, and that's when I start to break the fast. It takes as long as the fast, however, to incrementally ease back into your normal diet.

Fasting is a popular way to clean our your body and get rid of chronic diseases. Link: International Directory of Detox, Juice Fast, Healing Centers and Retreats [healthybliss.net]

12 days. I drank only water. I don't recommend it.

15 hours? I like food and will become lightheaded without poper nutriouion.

24-30 hours. As part of the Mormon religion you fast once a month, form Saturday nigyht to Sunday evening, in conjunctiuon with the first sunday of each month. in this state of hunger, at the meeting, members are encouraged to "bear their testimony" about how they know ht echurhc is true.

That is one of many practices that makes other religions refer to Mormons as a cult... and it is kidn of cult like.

Ten days, at a time when I was only eating once every three days anyway. It didn't do me much good.

Jnei Level 8 Apr 4, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49737
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.