Agnostic.com

6 0

Hi Everyone,

Well, here we are in another Holiday season! Today is Thanksgiving in the U.S., and as is traditional on this day, I gorged myself on turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing gravy, green beans, cranberrys, buscuits & butter, etc.. now is not the time to think about diets! πŸ˜€

Do you celebrate Thanksgiving, and Christmas? I realize that those outside the U.S. probably don't have a Thanksgiving celebration, but I wonder if anybody else celebrates Christmas, even though you're an agnostic. I treat Christmas as a secular holiday and time to be extra thoughtful of others and maybe send them cards or gifts. How about you?

Dougnostic 5 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I mostly enjoyed the massive feast yearly and as a good reason to reunite with family and friends regardless of where I am in the world. Americans abroad have brought their Thanksgiving feast with them sharing with anyone who cares to take part. Christmas is and always has been internationally celebrated with subtle differences in different countries.

SamL Level 7 Nov 24, 2017

When I'm in the States, I treat both Thanksgiving and Christmas as secular holidays, as they actually are in practice.

capitalist holidays more than anything

Oooooo! You're making my mouth water! Our Thanksgiving was last month.

The holidays are a time to get together with family and friends, nothing in my circle is religious at this point. I worry a little about the grandchildren but time will tell. πŸ™‚

Betty Level 8 Nov 24, 2017

Ah, a Canadian!

Days off from work and time with family. That is what Christmas is to me, not celebrating any so called man god.

I am good with a day to sit back and share with family and friends with or without the orgiastic feast

I really don’t like any holidays. I find them to be an added pressure I don’t need or want.

Yeah, the Holidays definitely can be stressful. We don't have any family near to where we live, so at least we don't have that stress.. πŸ™‚

the way they are handled here eh? I pointedly try to avoid the standard activities surrounding them

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.