Agnostic.com

11 7

LINK Jon Steingard, Star of Christian Rock, Admits on Instagram He’s Lost His Faith | Terry Firma | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

His doubts about the existence of a Creator and the authenticity of the Bible gnawed at him, poisoning his joy in performing.

snytiger6 9 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, when you are a rock star, it is hard to keep up with the Creator. In my opinion, he should throw out his cocaine box and try to go to the church again. Maybe he will find his answer. Usually, Creator does not hear the ignorant people till they start to pay attention to his will. Btw just looked on his Instagram page, and it seems like he boosts Instagram followers with this admitting, so it can be just a dirty game to get more followers. We will see. Have a great day!

Yeah, I bet it's hard keeping a straight face when you're singing about zombies and floating people.

That's okay... Kirk Cameron is finding all the faith that others lose...

Isn't Kirk Cameron known for sticking a banana up his ass? Or, sticking Ray Comfort up his ass?

@nogod4me I'll always remember Kirk Cameron as the gay/trans son in "Down and Out in Beverly Hills". They really weren't all that clear about whether he was supposed to be gay7 or trans, but he was definitely in full drag in his last scene.

i've looked for that scene on Youtube. It just isn't there.

When I hear of Christians have a crisis of faith I translate it to having flashes of reason

Brave man there.

This story reminds me of Seth Andrews.

Never heard of the dude

@Mofo1953
Seth Andrews hosts The Thinking Atheist. Look it up on youtube.

This isn't one of the podcasts, but check it out.

@HumanistJohn i was talking about the singer

Went thru similar experience. The “ there’s a reason for everything” and “God works in mysterious ways” grew old and didn’t make sense. I got tired of things not making sense and asking why would god allow that to happen along with many unanswered prayers

I had the biggest problem with the idea that i you don't receive an answer when you pray, then you are doing something wrong, or don't have enough faith. In the end I concluded i just wasn't as gullible, or simply wasn't as prone to self delusion.

Lost his faith? Maybe he just came to his senses.

I just realized, we all automatically use "lost their faith", I know I always have. But it should be stated as a positive, as having gained something! I've gained my rationality? No, bit clinical sounding. I've gained my humanity? Kind of like that one. I've learned to question? Thats ok.

Going to think about this one. 🙂

Dan Barker uses the term ""de-conversion"

@JuneSummerSky Ah, that's good.

How about "I've grown past self delusion".

In my opinion, that is the only way it can happen. No one else can do it for you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:498446
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.