Agnostic.com

32 5

I read in my local newspaper some Atheists are being blamed for burning down a church in Mississippi(?) for opening up for services ..... any news about this?

blzjz 7 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As long as no firefighters were injured, it's no sweat off my ass. It'll give them something else to pray over. Where was Jesus when they needed him?

Someone else posted an article about this a day or so ago. Apparently there was a message found at the scene with the Atheist symbol. Sad, in so many ways.

[nytimes.com]

I can tell you for a fact that it was not me! You couldn't pay me to even visit that backward state!

Theyre probably wanting that insurance money lol

They blamed them but it's baseless

bobwjr Level 10 May 25, 2020

There are a number of articles from 2 or 3 days ago reporting on the arson of this Mississppi church. The possible atheist connection was reported due to a symbol with an "A" in the middle of it next to a statement "Bet you stay home now you hypokrites" spray painted in the parking lot. Most articles I looked at reported the statement but not the synbol and did not mention anything about any atheist connection. Those that did mention it, only referred to a possible connection due to the synbol. The news outlets that mention a possible atheist connection were The New York Times, The Boston Globe, and News Talk WSIC. Anyone know anything about this last source? I didn't find much about them on their site.

Just like in most religions most of if not all acts of violence, arson, and terrorism is carried out by member of the same religion different sects or just another religion sick of being treated like the underdogs!!!

In the South it has always been along the racial divide!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499013
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.