Agnostic.com

6 3

Cf. Lockdown to Retirement. After retirement comes death. Discuss?

Isn't everything slow in lockdown?

Yesterday I was likening it to retirement - no one wants you, most disrespect you, your body deteriorates unless you work at it, your vim & vigour, aspirations and energy dissipate.

Welcome to my world!

FrayedBear 9 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This lockdown/quarantine is, indeed, like retirement.

And I concur; unless you work at it your body does fall apart.

Your gut grows and you legs get thin. Your skin sags, and your chin gets loose and ugly. You get loose and ugly.

So deal graciously with it. Or cry and complain...which will probably speed up your demise.

It's inevitable.
Face it positively.
Fight the aging with workouts and a stricter diet - but only if you want to extend your time.

If you bitch - chances are good you'll also shorten your time.

So quit your bitchin'. Get out and life fully and well.

If you get sick, smile and say good bye. Don't go out cranky.

You were born. You lived a full life. So many didn't even get that opportunity. Consider yourself lucky.

I loved the recent meme declaring "better to crawl with a scarred battered body to your grave than a whole pristine perfect body. At least you know that you have lived & experienced the gamut of human life!" 😁

Yeah all those abortionists and selfish women doing the "crime" but not the time.

@FrayedBear Can you clarify what you mean by "all those abortionists and selfish women doing the "crime" but not the time"

It's been proven over and over - that if birth control was readily available....that abortions would greatly reduce. You make it sound like abortion is a willful choice.

Trying to live with an unplanned, unwanted pregnancy is considered a crime by many.

99% of the criminals in prisons...those convicted to be guilty of crimes against society - were unplanned, and unwanted.

[ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

I know of two women who suffered with that decision to get an abortion...they are not selfish.

[fwhc.org]

@Robecology if you are worried about pregnancy you use contraceptive. If not and have sex falling pregnant is because(except in rape ) your own doing hence do the "crime" do the "time".

Had a magnificent opportunity to ‘live backwards’ as I’d once described it. Inherited the farm.. at age 24. No work, and little needed, I became so quickly consumed by various organizations I’d beat them off with a stick 🙂

There is more to do than multiple lifetimes would allow … you need only follow your passions ~

Varn Level 8 May 25, 2020

I retire next year, thank for the heads up, but can I ask. How is that any different from working life?

I once had vim, vigour, energy & aspirations. Now I'm overwhelmed and drowned by stupid selfish people.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

@FrayedBear Good article, though you or someone has posted it before.

@Fernapple no link or article is mentioned. The same post by me is on "Tales from the Lockdown"

@FrayedBear I Mean this link.
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

@Fernapple aha, Now I'm on the same wavelength.
Yes I frequently throw in Cipolla's 5 basic laws. Sadly I no longer remember who I have already shared it with or know who will read the thread in the future.

@FrayedBear Keep doing it, useful.

@Fernapple thanks.

so really not much changes.

My husband has been retired for 21 years. He has his gardens, greenhouse, yardwork, all of which he loves to do, model trains, reading, his scooter to get to & from town, & until the virus, he had coffee every morning with his pals to solve all the world's problems.

Hang in there.

Don't let the bastards/bitches/virus et al grind you down.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499200
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.