Agnostic.com

9 25

LINK Pale Blue Dot - You Are Here (Carl Sagan) - YouTube

We all get caught up in life's struggle. We even worry about things beyond our control. Carl Sagan always helps me keep perspective. What do you do to help you step back and find peace?

MsDemeanour 8 May 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you -

Profound!

Always one of my favorites.

Very reassuring
Validate my belief there is no single hint of anyone out there to save me, but the humans.
Awesome.

lol. Reassuring indeed, considering how much time humans spend at war with each other while destroying our planet. always appreciate sarcasm.

Thank you. One does not watch or listen to this video. One experiences the video.

MrDMC Level 7 May 26, 2020

Thank you for this wonderful memory! Carl Sagan had championed the idea of training the Voyager cameras back on our home for years, but the concept was not considered of scientific value. It wasn't until Voyager 1 had flown by Jupiter and Saturn and its cameras were about to be permanently shut off, that the idea to aim the sensors back and image Saturn, Jupiter, Venus and Earth was finally approved. Incredibly, roughly half an hour after Carl's visionary idea became a reality, Voyager 1's cameras went dark.

The 30 year anniversary of this image (February 14, 1990) was recently observed. Sadly, the significance of this image, and the words of Carl Sagan appear lost on the majority of our fellow inhabitants.

Thanks. I did not know the history of this video.

@MrDMC Thank you ... I found this article very illuminating ... enjoy!
[nationalgeographic.com]

Thank you. sort of puts things in perspective. Even the /pale blue dot' is not the center of the universe. Why do the small, two legged creatures living on it think they are.

Carl was a genius

bobwjr Level 10 May 25, 2020

That was awe-inspiring! Thank you! MsDemeanour

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499530
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.