Agnostic.com

5 10

Heard what I think is a very excellent response yesterday when a very elderly Gentleman was confronted by a pair Jehovah's Witnesses.
When asked by the Jehos, social distanced from him of course, " Would you like to hear the truths about God, Jesus and the Bible?"
The Gentleman simply and quietly replied, " The relationship between Religion and Truth is the same as the relationship between Theology and Reality, there is no relationship."
The Gentleman then went upon his way to the sounds of a standing ovation from the on-lookers as the Jehovah's Witnesses rapidly packed up their little stack of pamphlets, etc, and proceeded to slink off into the distance.

Triphid 9 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I identified as a Christian, I had a local JW named Stephanie visit me every 3 months or so and I would indulge her. But about 10 months ago when I finally had to admit to myself that I no longer believe, I longed for Stephanie's visit. I have so much to say to her but I have not seen her. My hope is that she too has broken free of religion.

Awesome love it

bobwjr Level 10 May 27, 2020

"The relationship between Religion and Truth is the same as the relationship between Theology and Reality, there is no relationship." I will have to remember this statement if anyone ever knocks on my door asking me about "God, Jesus and the Bible" which doesn't really happen where I live, but some people close to me are JWs and I want to be ready when the question comes, which I know it will! 🙂

I'm pretty darned certain the elderly Gentleman won't have any objects to it being used anywhere and anytime.

Nice to see that we seem to be getting more and more secular. I rarely encounter god botherers these days, even in my work.

He’s making the world safe for us. Well done ~

Varn Level 8 May 26, 2020

Yeah and not a bad effort for a bloke that I'd estimate was in his late 80's either.
It happened in the front of a local Supermarket with a crowd, well spread out btw, of at least 20+ people and EVERYONE applauded him with clapping, shouting " Well done," etc.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499912
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.