Agnostic.com

3 2

To live a long prosperous life. Of course, we all want that. And while there are those that try to ignore the fact that we are all mortal, there are those that understand their own mortality. The fact is that every day could be our last; ignoring this, is self delusional. And yet, this pandemia is showing that the vast majority of people are wholly unprepared to die.

Rodatheist 7 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I find anticipation, many times, to be the best part of something....so I am not spoiling that by worrying about things I cannot control.

Exactly. Like I answered elsewhere in this thread, always make plans for the future; only be prepared to let those plans go, without feeling regretful.

I find the advice to live every day as if it's your last to be a bit trite. If I thought today was my last I wouldn't bother going to work or paying bills. Personally I think it is more important to be fully involved in each day, not living in the past or future. I find the phrase Carpe Diem to be far more appropriate., get the most out of each day, whatever that may be, working, paying bills or being with a loved one. Focus on it, suck the life out of it.

That is sadly very true. Though I have always found that the advice to, live each day as if it was to be your last, was very hard to live up to.

I would say that it has to do with living a life that is, in general, fulfilling, giving us the chance to be satisfied with every day we lived and not with worries about all the things we have not done.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:499974
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.