Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK George Floyd death: Thousands join UK protests - BBC News

Protests have now spread beyond the US.

Amzungu 8 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well anti-racism protests are a good thing. And I just saw a black activist speaking in Minneapolis who uses inclusive language and says this is an offense against all of us, all Minnesotans, and I like his way of approaching it. This is the right attitude.

It's been horribly stressful watching this. I think someone said that part of what is putting people on edge underneath all of this is the coronavirus. And it's frustrating in some cities these protests are preventing people from having access to covid testing. This is a frustrating reality. It's also horribly frustrating because the timing during this pandemic to see this massive destruction of property. Knowing it may be the kiss of death for some businesses, and people may not have access to needed items because stores have been looted or burned down. More job loss too as a result of this, only this time man made. Yes we need justice, but if we lose focus on the pandemic, aren't we putting MORE lives at risk? Look at these death numbers! And how can people ignore all the negative that is coming out of this? Every time people are saying they want change, you have to focus on the REAL source of problems. Additionally, people are protesting today, but what about in the long-run? Who is REALLY advocating for people who are really oppressed day-in-day-out? If all those people out there made solid commitment to help it would change things for real!

Some cities have been absolutely peaceful. In my state I heard of an instance where people went into a business and started physically attacking the store clerk as they looted. In MN they have cars driving in with gasoline and rocks. A gasoline tanker truck driving into a crowd of protesters leaking gas. Thank God noone was killed in that situation! You see clear cut police brutality occur in video clips, cop very roughly tosses woman and she falls banging head on curb. No follow up on that. Saw another instance too against a man.

It's just out of control. Politicians say it's domestic terrorism. Each side blames the other. I will be glad when the instances of looting and destruction are over because it's making me think negatively of the whole process. People just destroying and noone capable of fixing it. I hope there is a much better mood there and it sounds like there is. To see all of the widespread looting, arson, violence occurring in huge numbers of cities throughout the nation here is extremely disheartening.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:501489
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.