Agnostic.com

4 19

LINK Peaceful Protest Decatur, IL - YouTube

I listened to our President speak tonight. I listened to him speak nothing of the true underlying issues that have led to the unrest in which our country is currently immersed. I listened to him speak threats of military action against American citizens for protesting obvious, blatant, systemic injustice. I was so utterly moved, that I immediately walked out my back door and the few blocks to my downtown and joined the very peaceful, very inspiring protest and march. I'm so glad I did. It was exactly the ray of hope that I have been so earnestly searching for over the last week. This man's words are what we all needed to hear tonight, so I thought I'd share them with you. I have to also give kudos to our police dept who showed up and blocked streets so we could march safely and didn't intervene in any other way. Maybe we'll get another chance to give peace a chance.

Amzungu 8 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Funny how the police are able to hold back and stop peaceful marches and demonstrations with tear gas, rubber bullets, and tasers to harm them!!!

Yet, the where are the police when the looting is taking place!!!

The obstructionist republicans fascist are using these staged looting evens to further remove our rights by making anyone who demonstrates out to be a Domestic Terrorist!!!

Magic Christian trump now states these demonstrations are acts of domestic terrorism crimes against their god!!!

[conservativefreedomnetwork.com]

yep, do you hear the spin? It is grotesque turn around from his 'tude about the corona virus... feds should be hands off, let each state fend for themselves and make their own rules. Now he wants to use the military against US citizens. Why doesn't he just call out his kkk friends...

@Alchemy
Yes!!!

That is how these Obstructionist republican fascist are deluding us into submission!!!

They have their maga and white supremacy groups acting as lone wolves to start the violence and destruction of our country!!!

trump and the obstructionist republican fascists are using this to start the martial law lockdown set upon the Pandemic because they have the vast majority of us are all ready self isolated and under control!!!

This is the obstructionist fascist play to sabotage the elections and all out suppression of the vote of any group or individuals who do not support trump and the republican fascists in lock step!!!

This is an act of overt war against the citizens of this country by our own government who we elected to represent, safeguard, and protect us!!!

These Obstructionist republican fascist along with trump are nothing but cheap petty criminals who are destroying our country wholesale!!!

It is beyond time to eradicate these obstructionist republican fascist from any position of power over us by any means possible to eliminate them before they eliminate us and our way of life!!!

@Alchemy I agree and feel extremely uncomfortable with this scenario. My state Gov did a great job of managing the situation. You are right it is a switch from covid.

He wants to be a great dictator soooo bad.

It seems a great many of our politicians exude this desire. It is disturbing to see so much emotion and focus on one group or person in particular when they all are part of the problem.

It's a shame that looters have usurped so many protests for their own selfish ends. It devalues gatherings such as this.

Yeah I see news reports of a place in IL where shop owners are standing atop business with loaded guns. People patrolling streets with bats.

I'm sorry. This post of your is meant to be inspiring. But it's not something that is easy to see, all of this. I did feel inspired by a news clip I saw coming out of MN yesterday. A couple news clips.

As I drove through downtown coming home from work last night, all the business owners were boarding up their windows and had private security patrols arranged for the area in anticipation of the protest turning from peaceful to a riot. It was freaking eerie to see. That is precisely why this IS inspiring. I think people are starting to see more that a lot (no, not all) but a lot of the riots and destruction are being antagonized by outside forces that simply want to prevent change from happening. There had been rumors that a bus was coming from another city bringing people to riot. This is why my community leaders chose to organize and give the people a positive outlet for their frustration and anger, and to try and keep the most vulnerable youth from getting pulled into that fray. If you listened to the clip, you heard him call for peaceful protest, to absolutely not engage in destruction in our community or they would be policing themselves and happily hand over to the police anyone that was caught vandalizing property or looting businesses. He made a pretty powerful statement later on saying that if we want the police to start stepping up and calling out the officers who are not handling their authority with the respect and professionalism it dictates toward all people and do what it takes to get rid of the 'bad eggs', then those in the community also have to step up to the plate and call out those doing destructive things and help get rid of the bad eggs there, too. Not just regarding the riots and protests, but by stopping the mentality of not snitching in the hood, to step up and help get rid of the drug dealers and trouble makers that are causing problems, to work with the community in positive ways, to get out and vote so that they have better representation within our local leadership. He arranged a meeting with our mayor and allowed anyone that wanted to speak with her to sign up to attend the meeting. We are dealing with unprecedented times and situations, but this particular issue is long overdue to be addressed. We cannot let the crazy that is largely a manipulation by those who don't want to see change, or those too angry and frustrated to think straight during this hugely stressful time to overshadow this message. That would be doing the same damn thing we have always done and we sure couldn't expect any different result. I really would like to see a different result.

Likewise in the suburb of minneapolis in which i live (video posted on facebook). [facebook.com]

g

Sorta hate to do this, but...the crowd in that march were almost all white, they are also in what looks like a prosperous middle or upper middle class neighborhood. I am pretty sure their investment, level of rage, and angst about this issue does not equate to that of the general black community...I am also fairly sure this group wouldnt have been targeted by disruptors or agitators...
My issues concerning what is displayed in this vid:
Why is a group of white folk - white folk? Why are there so few people of color? If they really care about black lives, why are they content to live in a community segregated by privilege?
I have nothing against the vid... lovely bunch people, in a lovely community, but it doesnt equate to what has been going on in other places...

@Alchemy sorry but agitators are checking us out too, and we have a curfew here at the moment. As it happens, in this particular suburb we have a very racially mixed population.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:501807
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.