Agnostic.com

6 8

I'm tired. I'm disgusted by everything that's happening. I deleted Facebook because I'm ashamed of my family members response to current events. But mostly I'm discouraged and tired.

ScubaWags 7 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I know the feeling

...and that stupid saying of always being darkest before dawn isn’t even true.. Be here. Be yourself here. Let family learn the hard way, sad to say..

I’ve long been disappointed and discouraged by my nation’s apparent inability to focus. I’d say, at the moment - they’re focused. A good thing! I honestly feel the overwhelming majority of them are good; perhaps this is their time. And yours, and ours. Care for yourself, in order to be there when it’s time to clean up.

Varn Level 8 June 2, 2020

Might have been kinder to just unfriend all your pesky relatives rather then cut yourself off from everyone.

Turn off your TV. Or, alternately, watch reruns of the Andy Griffith Show.

I get that. I deleted a cousin today. I’m down to two family members on Facebook; two on Instagram.
My niece is engaged to a black man; he’s family. I worry for both of them.
I’m white, and I realize the privilege I have, but I’m for justice and equality...I am an ally.
I’m soul-sick at the murder of George Floyd.

That's very understandable.

I actually feel slightly encouraged because this is a rare moment in history in which the people are standing up to violent and oppressive forces which govern them unjustly. It's out of situations like these that concessions from the authorities can be forced.

We HAVE to find a way to stop the fires and looting! They're giving the other side the justification to start shooting randomly at protestors.

@mtnhome Sitdown shit is ignored or laughed at.. For the first time in my life ..I’m with the riots ~

@mtnhome

Yeah, the rioting is very bad PR and gives the authorities legitimatecy for their repression. It would be much better if everyone kept it peaceful.

I can't really blame them though, they have good reason to be furious.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:501830
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.