Agnostic.com

3 1

and here I have spent literally years writing waaaay too much information on the okstupid site, where is always seemed that I just could never get past the young sweet thang's far greater preference for a relationship with a century's ancient dead man, rather than chance an exchange with one yet still walking. . . praise dog, methinks to hisself laughing all the way to a now certain tarnation.

greggriswold 3 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@gregiswold

Are you saying women don't answer your messages? Most women don't reply because they don't want to get lashed out at by men. It's self-protection.

I always reply to messages. To me, it's polite. But many ladies, including me, get called nasty names by men for saying we're not interested. Even this has triggered mean responses:

"We live too far apart to develop a relationship. Good luck with your search."

I figure an angry reply shows the man has an anger problem.

Is that the reason women don't answer my messages? They don't want to get lashed out at? I always assumed it's because I have no sex appeal.

@BitFlipper

Look it up. No answer means not interested.

Guys have called me a "ugly c-nt, bitch, witch," etc. for politely declining.

On Plenty of Fish, a guy derided me because I wasn't willing to meet him in a hotel. That night. 100 miles away. For a first meet.

He complained my headline, "Carpe Diem" ("Seize the day" ) was misleading. I changed the headline.

@LiterateHiker As I say, I don't get answers, which mean "not interested" and when I say that women are "not interested" in me I get push-back. What's more accurate than real experiential data?

I've always hoped there could be something I could do to get my response rate up to 1%. Your first message made me think that women might be afraid of being castigated if they respond, but now you're telling me they don't respond because they're not interested - which is what I had always thought.

Oh, and most of the time I get responses, they do say "not interested" anyway. I've tried to numb myself to the rejection, which may explain why my approach seems to be numb.

Learning is fun!

sounds like you lucked out. makes me think of the gauntlet.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:501869
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.