Agnostic.com

43 5

What do you like to observe in nature?

tioteo 8 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love hiking to high alpine lakes surrounded by white glaciers and jagged mountain peaks. After dark, I look up and feel awed by the glowing Milky Way and billions of sparkling stars.

Hiking is a transcendent, uplifting experience for me. It engages all of my senses. Most importantly, it calms my busy mind. I feel most centered and grounded in the mountains.

When sunlight filters through the trees the way it does with lace curtains, I feel an enveloping happiness to be alive. This is the core of being human. My joy is made stronger by the certainty that someday it will all come to an end. It’s a rare gift to understand that your life is wonderous, and that it won’t last forever.

Me too

Love what you shared, both the prose and pictures.

tioteo, Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it.

Mustelids, of any variety. I love them.

Jnei Level 8 Apr 4, 2018

You made me look up a word.

I love watching birds interact with each other and how they use their wings to serve as expressions. I love the stillness and breeze of being near water . Sunrises and sunsets and the different animals that respond to each change

Very poetic and romantic

I'm so sorry but Sooooo not a bug person except watching videos on the Internet except foor snakes and other slivery things love praying mantis' Scorpians are a big no! was bite several times and no no no

Watch videos about prehistoric insects

The desert, rivers, birds, animals.

Spring in the desert is my favorite.

I have became a big fan of birdwatching. I have bird feeders and I love to watch them eating from them. I can't wait until my Cardinals come back. I also enjoy the crows and woodpeckers.

JK666 Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

Truly exotic locations and phenomenon. A red waterfall in antartica (blood falls), a pink lake in australia, a literal fire pit (hell's gate). And while I can't observe them directly I love learning about the strange worlds that exist in the galaxy, diamond rain in uranus, worlds with oceans miles deep and no land, planets tidally locked with their stars, etc. The natural world is truly a wonderous one.

I enjoy being in nature as much as I enjoy anything. Looking for and watching wild creatures: animal, vegetable or mineral and the marvelous scenery that is on display free of charge for all who venture out to witness it.

At the beach - out on a boat - whale watch, look for dolphins when in Florida, seals in Boothbay Harbor, Maine.
In the mtns -moose, black bears and deer

I like watching the sky while a storm is moving in.
Especially hurricanes.

Water: the ocean, s lake, rivers, ponds. Always changing.

Far more things than I care to specify.

How much time do you have?

In short, everything I can. But everything from the smallest insect to the biggest trees. As a shutterbug, I mostly take pics of birds, more birds. flowers, moss, mushrooms, butterflies, dragonflies.

Just about anything

Yep! All of it!

I am partial mantis and scorpions but I luv all of nature.

EVERYthing ! The sky, trees, soil, insects, wildlife, weather, water, growing things, where trails lead to, sounds, sun, moon, clouds , and on and on.

I love wildflowers. Cliff Penstemon flowers suspended over Icicle Creek, WA. Extremely rare Tweedy's Lewisia only grows in certain exposures and elevations in North Central Washington.

Sound of the forest, animal behavior in the wild and as homely pets. The beauty in the grace, shape and curve of the human female. The voice of a woman as she whispers.

Wild animals. Mountain goat mother and kid at Lake Colchuck (6,000'😉, WA. I have never seen a baby Mountain Goat this small.

The Ocean

All of it.

Caves and rock formations. I always have a sense of awe inside of caves. I also really like rocks and stones and gems.

Ocean waves crashing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50239
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.