Agnostic.com

1 9

Under the Weather
The last few days I have been under a cloud, not so sick that I had to go get professional help but weak and sick to my stomach and aching all over. Like being pregnant! I blame it on the horrors of the outside world and the business and confusion of my home life. Yesterday, I had three adults, two children and a new kitten in my house, all making noise. The three adults are my grandchildren who were all debating incredibly important stuff at full volume and in a language not fitting for the children around. I could have raised my voice, put my foot down, and all that, but I was too weak and achy and old. So I fed the baby, my newest great-granddaughter, who was sweet and soft and quiet ( unlike her mother) The kitten, a grey little terror named Jiminy, brought a baby squirrel into the house, alive, dropped it and then started chasing it. That was the icing on this crazy nutcake of a day. I opened all the doors, grabbed the kitten, and had a serious talk with the little guy about hunts and killings in my house. I think he was impressed and the squirrel got away.
If there are any hunts and killings in my house, I'll be doing them.
There! That was yesterday. I feel better today.
Thanks for listening. This is what happens when there is nothing to pray to.

Spinliesel 9 June 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm glad you're feeling better. This is such a worrisome time to be sick.

However, I'm way jealous of all the life and activity and joy that's been going on at your house! I'm isolating by myself, and can't wait until I can throw open my doors and have everyone in. The idea of it made me smile.

Lauren, big smile to you. There is a slight difference between being invaded and occupied and inviting them in. Or, I should say the timing was not ideal. But I am happy my grandchildren find my house inviting. I'll be thinking about you the next time the bunch descends on me.

@Spinliesel Agreed, there's a difference, it's a shame the timing was off. And thank you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:502626
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.