Agnostic.com

55 4

Do you love to hike?

Do you like to go hiking? If so how often do you go?

• 19 votes
  • 44 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 5 votes
Terohime 5 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

New Mexico is full of great places to hike. I would love to hike every week but other aspects of life make that unrealistic. Once a month or so is about all I can manage.

In 2017. I broke a personal record by hiking 326 miles with over 63,200 feet of elevation gain (and loss).

Spectacular mountain vistas, azure alpine lakes, snowmelt-swollen, roiling creeks and gorgeous wildflowers.

Mountains are my sanctuary. I feel most grounded and centered high in the mountains.

Beautiful photos!

Living a ferry ride and a short drive from both the Juan de Fuca and West Coast Trails, I'd be crazy not to love hiking. Excited to be heading to Cape Scott in August for a beach cleaning expedition. Cheers!

I'm not much for the outdoors.

I love it hiking trekking just being out there in the open

Rosh Level 7 Apr 7, 2018

Love hiking and exploring.

"Never hike alone" has been my motto since age 21. Both times I hiked alone I was sexually harrassed and frightened by men with guns.

"Hey, pretty lady! Where are you spending the night? We'll join you!" men on horseback with guns called loudly. They were heading up for the high hunt. One-by-one, my women friends had dropped out of our fall backpacking trip. So, I went alone.

That was a long night alone in the tent. With every crackle and snap in the woods, I startled. Tensely straining to hear. I was terrifed of being raped and/or killed. At daybreak, I packed up and ran out of there.

No, but l would hike to love!

I just joined a meet up for old hikers. It's great!

Twice a summer that's it unless travelling

Wish there were more inspiring hiking areas near my home...I live in Idaho so there are some magnificent ones close by a short drive away but for me I want to go from doorstep to nature.

boom Level 4 Apr 5, 2018

I miss Idaho and its breathtaking mountains, deserts, and fun geography in general.

I walk so much at work that hiking seems easier now. Just moved near a park with great trails

Love hiking! I hike at least once a month. Usually do some challanging and cool destination. Have been on many beautiful and amazing hikes. Last weekend I did 9.5 miles (out and Back) to Potato Chip Rock a.k.a. Mt Woodson. My most memorable was hitting 13,125ft in attempting to climb Mt Whitney.

Lindi Level 3 Apr 5, 2018

can't imagine hitting 13,125..we got to 11,000 fishing in Colrado and that was intense.congrats

Does walking all over NYC count?

I been to NYC, i would say it counts XD

Just had my spine fixed and will have to start real slow again. So, this year it will be walking with the chihuahuas to the creek and back, Next year, who knows!

Living in Indiana, I don't get to do mountain hiking, but I take treks out in Nature as often as I can. I have a couple of natural areas out by me so I spend 4 to 7 hours out there, depending on my mood. Once a year I go out to Starved Rock in Illinois and spend the day visiting the varioua waterfalls.

I once went to my favorite spot with a friend who didn't hike so much as meander. On one had I loved it, and on the other it was too slow for me.

As a child I used to go to the mountains a lot - Sandia Mountain in Albuquerque and to someplace out in Colorado my dad used to take my sisters and I.

I would do much more hiking if I had mountains nearby.

Yes but I live in a distinctly un-hikeworthy area so I can't go every week. Instead I like to visit various mountain ranges around Europe for at least few weeks every year.

I also love mountain/fell running so I get as much of that done as possible too.

I enjoy hiking and love short trip backpacking!! So peaceful and a great reconnect with nature for me!!

Yes, but opportunities are far less often than once or twice a week.

You need another choice, I love to hike and climb but, a knee injury prevents me for anything but, a slow careful walk so I am limited to less than serious hikes.
i really miss those 3 day to 3 week mountain hikes living out of my backpack.

My wife got me into day hiking, and it's probably my favorite form of exercise, though I'm quite partial to biking, too. Joshua Tree and Yosemite are my favorites, but I'm lucky to live near a nature center with a decent hike in it that I can do several times a week. I suffered a reaction to an antibiotic about 10 yrs ago that damaged my tendons and left me in a wheelchair for years. I'm fortunate that I can now do some hiking again and do not take it for granted!

Anyone hiking in the Nashville area? Would love an atheist hiking group.

I would not be opposed to driving around nashville to go hiking. It is only a few hours away.

I try to walk/hike about 3 km at least 3 times per week, but don't always manage.

During my 2 months in Doing Hoi, Vietnam, mid-January to mid-March, 3 to 7 km daily.

I have some replacement parts and back issues to deal with, so every walk/hike has some pain, I deal with it. I know there are drugs that might help, but I refuse to take them, having lost my wife to a prescription opiate addiction.

I voted no, that I don't hike, and I pretty much don't. That isn't to say I never have, or that I don't exercise. I have hiked Diamondhead in Hawaii. Not a great challenge, but some fab views when you get to the top. When I was a kid, living in Germany, we used to go on these "Volksmarches." They were fun and you got a souvenir medal at the end signifying the event. Pretty cool.

Maybe I just need to meet the right person. Huh? HUH? =]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50298
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.