Agnostic.com

55 4

Do you love to hike?

Do you like to go hiking? If so how often do you go?

• 19 votes
  • 44 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 5 votes
Terohime 5 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Haven't had the tiime or SO that would do it with me... but I love when In can and look forward to it in the near future....

MikaB Level 5 Apr 4, 2018

Honestly, it's less than once a week more like once in a while, but I love the adventure anytime I go.

New Mexico is full of great places to hike. I would love to hike every week but other aspects of life make that unrealistic. Once a month or so is about all I can manage.

I love it hiking trekking just being out there in the open

Rosh Level 7 Apr 7, 2018

No, but l would hike to love!

Twice a summer that's it unless travelling

I walk so much at work that hiking seems easier now. Just moved near a park with great trails

Love hiking! I hike at least once a month. Usually do some challanging and cool destination. Have been on many beautiful and amazing hikes. Last weekend I did 9.5 miles (out and Back) to Potato Chip Rock a.k.a. Mt Woodson. My most memorable was hitting 13,125ft in attempting to climb Mt Whitney.

Lindi Level 3 Apr 5, 2018

can't imagine hitting 13,125..we got to 11,000 fishing in Colrado and that was intense.congrats

Yes but I live in a distinctly un-hikeworthy area so I can't go every week. Instead I like to visit various mountain ranges around Europe for at least few weeks every year.

I also love mountain/fell running so I get as much of that done as possible too.

I have done it a little but spontaneously

5 days a week, carrying cumbersome gps unit, wood, machetes, phone...

I absolutely love to hike. I want to hike the APPALACHIAN TRAIL one more time. I want to hike the whole trail once more. I just need a group that has the time to go along.

The moment I can save the cash (probably never 😟 ). Of the two items on my bucket list the Appalachian trail is number 1.

I love hiking. Have done many, but not recently so your poll is inaccurate for me. Would love to do more!

I'm not much for the outdoors.

Does walking all over NYC count?

I been to NYC, i would say it counts XD

Just had my spine fixed and will have to start real slow again. So, this year it will be walking with the chihuahuas to the creek and back, Next year, who knows!

Anyone hiking in the Nashville area? Would love an atheist hiking group.

I would not be opposed to driving around nashville to go hiking. It is only a few hours away.

I try to walk/hike about 3 km at least 3 times per week, but don't always manage.

During my 2 months in Doing Hoi, Vietnam, mid-January to mid-March, 3 to 7 km daily.

I have some replacement parts and back issues to deal with, so every walk/hike has some pain, I deal with it. I know there are drugs that might help, but I refuse to take them, having lost my wife to a prescription opiate addiction.

I voted no, that I don't hike, and I pretty much don't. That isn't to say I never have, or that I don't exercise. I have hiked Diamondhead in Hawaii. Not a great challenge, but some fab views when you get to the top. When I was a kid, living in Germany, we used to go on these "Volksmarches." They were fun and you got a souvenir medal at the end signifying the event. Pretty cool.

Maybe I just need to meet the right person. Huh? HUH? =]

I want a hiking buddy. It's been 2 years since I've hiked. Great fun.

I used to hike for a living as a New York State Naturalist. But since moving to Georgia, I am not as motivated. I still would like to.

Is there an option for, 'I love to hike but I live in boring, flat Ohio so my options are limited'? That's the option I need. Hiking in New Zealand is the most amazing experience I've had, though. 10/10 Would recommend.

Not sure where you are in Ohio but if you are southwest red river gorge is not far and it’s amazing!

@Happyone I'm Northwest, but definitely willing to travel and check it out!

Once weekly

godef Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

Hiking is what I yearn for. If it doesn't help to feed you, warm you, or warm your food and you, it's unnecessary.

I don't hike, but that's only because nobody's found a way to do so while using a parasol. I'm one of those people who burns bright red in about five minutes, even with sunscreen. If I cover up with clothing, I overheat. Sad, really, because I like the outdoors.

I feel your pain! I am the same way. I love the thought of beaches, but the memory of sunburns keeps me away.

do you use zinc sunscreen?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50298
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.