Agnostic.com

2 2

Joe Biden said that hate doesn't go away, it just hides. Analyzing a problem is a major step toward solving it. He may seem clumsy, but he as a good combination of heart and mind.

MrDMC 7 June 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think Biden’s seemingly awkwardness is at the occasional attempts to hide his personal passion on an issue. He’s never struck me as a guy ‘running to be running,’ but a guy running for the right reasons..

Varn Level 8 June 5, 2020

Yeah, Joe does a decent job of hiding his hate.

That's what sets him apart. Trump is blatant with his hate

Unfair comment. Joe's reputation is just the opposite of your claim. He may make gaffs, but his reputation for fairness and compassion is pretty much unrivaled compared to most in DC. Your comnent is the level of a playground taunt,"Same to you but more of it." You might want to bring the level of discourse above the playground level.

@t1nick

Was what he did to Anita Hill fair?

Was it fair when he stood with segregationists back in the 70s?

Was it fair when he referred to young black men as super predators and wrote legislating which led to the mass incarceration of POC?

How about when he said that black people aren't black if they don't vote for him?

The gaffs are when he lets it slip. As I said, he is pretty good at hiding his hate. If you look at his record, it's plain to see what he truly believes.

He only has that reputation because of his association with the first black president.

What is this playground stuff you are talking about?
Are you attempting to label me as immature because I have the audacity to tell the truth about Biden?

I'd say it's much more immature to hide your head in the sand because you are afraid of uncomfortable truths.

@RoboGraham

Anita Hill was a travesty and he apologized profusely.

The crime bill was aimed at a problem at a time when crime was running rampant at an all time high and nobody knew how to address it. It was flawed no doubt, but he wasnt overtly trying to be racist, although his actions ended up doing just that. It was abused by other not Biden.

No it was not right that he stood with segregationist. but he has made up for that over course of his long career.

His response to Charlegmaine was a gaff. Him trying to be flippant and sarcastic. It was poorly thought out.

So here we are, Biden has made mistakes. Sometimes sizable mistakes. But unlike most Republicans and Conservatives he has gone out of his way to make amends and has been very successful in that capacity. He still has one of the best reputations among all politicians fir his care and concern and compassion. He not perfect, but he is more honorable and has more integrity than any Republican today.

Yes, taking things out of context is a lame attempt to say "same to you, but more of it". Playground.

Way better than you.

@t1nick This guy’s either very screwed up - or paid to attack Democrats. That simple. If he has an agenda, it’s flawed beyond recognition. If paid, too obvious. Thanks for calling him out, enough of that and he’ll become a known quantity (contributing little-to-nothing elsewhere).

@Varn

Hes just typical of most Republicans today. The cherry pick events and comments without providing background or context. Then instead of dealing with the actual facts they resort to playground level tactics. They like to throw out the phrase, "but the Democrats did it too" (which when investigated further usually turns out not to be totally true). Or they deflect with the same retort but point to something totally unrelated.

I'm not a Biden fan for President. I think he is often time too stuck in the 70's with the way he reasons. Not the bad actions outlined Robograham. More like, just outdated. We need a younger person, but anything (including the back end of a mule) is better than what we have.

@t1nick This guy’s got a sad-sack buddy who ‘blocked me,’ they’ve been pulling a tag-team job on anyone OK with Biden. I’ve not gotten ‘a Republican,’ vibe, yet.. Though, as you describe, their tactics are the same 😕 I’ve gotten an Anarchist vibe, like ..I’ve nothing to lose - so burn it down!

If not a paid insurgent (which I’ve not discounted), my feeling is he dreams of in some way damaging Biden to the point, when the Convention arrives, his crowd will chant for Bernie... Bernie’s honorably endorsed Biden, and I’ve nothing against Sanders. But any of his supporters not doing all they can to rid our nation of trump ..are Traders. That simple.

@t1nick

Biden is a career politician. He lies constantly, always willing to say whatever necessary at the time so if apologies are in order, he will give them. That doesn't mean it's genuine. To me, an apology from Biden is worth about as much as a penny. He will recognize that he said the wrong thing and give a half hearted apology but with no sincerity or understanding of why what he said was the wrong thing to say.

The crime bill was an opportunity to intensify the drug war, make business boom for the prison system, and go after the "predators". I don't know absolutely for certain that Biden wrote that legislation with the intention of ripping apart minority communities, exploding the prison population, and increasing the militarization of police. If it wasn't his intention for those things to happen, at the very least, he is guilty of negligence because those things did happen and that falls on his shoulders. The fact that he attempted to pass a police bill of rights in the wake of the Rodney King beating shows me where he stood and who he cared about. He is exactly the wrong person to choose as leader during this crisis of police brutality.

How exactly has he made up for his support of the segregationists? What has Joe done that was positive for black folks?

Right, what he said to Charlemagne was a gaff. He allowed his true thoughts to slip out past his politician exterior. Then he offered a very weak apology in which he didn't even use the word sorry. And he only apologized because of the backlash. I doubt he actually understands how offensive his words were.

This idea that Biden has concern and compassion is utterly ridiculous. He said on camera that he has no empathy for my entire generation. Well sir, if you can't even feel a basic human emotion for those young people who are struggling, why in the world would any of us vote for you? Was he was very compassionate when he threatened to cut social security, medicare, and medicaid on multiple occasions? I didn't see any compassion in his tough on crime nonsense that he pushed for decades. The man is still opposed to legalization of cannabis. He is an antiquated opportunist from a time long gone still pushing the same stupid failed policies. He is not the solution, he is the problem.

Yes, he is very imperfect. Does he have more integrity than any republican. Yeah, probably. But that's not saying much is it. His entire campaign strategy is based on the idea that he is better than Trump. Which is true, but that's an extremely low bar and it is far, far, far, far, from good enough. I don't understand how people are able to rationalize voting for this right wing liar just because he is not quite as bad as Trump.

@RoboGraham

Good retort and I'll give it to you. I am really not a fan of Biden. It's just sad that we have come to the point that the choice has become binary: the evil of two lessers. It's sad we are not voting for the best man, but voting to get rid of Trump. While Biden is not the best choice, we have a very long way to come back from the damage Trump has precipitated. IMO, Biden will only have one term. will begin to repair, and do very little further damage until 2024 when we can get a younger candidate. It's a shame we have to settle. At this point. No other third candidate is viable, and vote for a third candidate is a vote for Trump.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:503050
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.