Agnostic.com

3 6

One of Stephen's best monologues - IMHO.

silverotter11 9 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sad and what has our country and those that are supposed us come to?

Between Colbert and Meyers I manage to keep a small semblance of sanity and focus...time to make another batch of Margaritas...smh

Wow, pretty damning stuff. Just how bad is it happening in your community? Is this a form of civil war?

My area, which is rural has had peaceful demonstrations. There are no radical black folk in Kittitas County. The Latino population is greater and I know of one person who has shared her story of the white redneck fucking assholes who yell at her and say derogatory things with me. I think if given the chance some in the area would attack the 'other' that fox media and the far right demonize.

@silverotter11 One has to wonder what makes so many people so nasty. Gradually black people are moving into our town. One I know is very popular. He is a facebook friend of mine. I imagine most are escaping from the States. but it is one thing to come here and quite another to go to Toronto. I hear bad stories from there. Here the rednecks just hate the natives, probably even more if the natives have better education. Rednecks seem to be 16 year old school leavers driving loggimng trucks or working in the mines.

@rogerbenham Uneducated wth no intellectual curiosity limits their opportunities. When I first came to Seattle I became aware of the hate towards the Native Peoples, there were too few blacks but plenty of Native Peoples.

@silverotter11 That of course is the situation here. I never was aware of racism other towards drunk "Indians" i downtown cores until I came to this valley. We have a large Dutch community who seem to dislike everyone including Dutch if they aren't protestant. Some came a long time ago and own downtown stores. The hippies arrived in the late seventies and eighties and created a very different town. We consequently have left wing political representation and a chunk of society supporting the natives who have a village down river from Smithers.
I camped next to one of the hereditary chiefs about 25 years ago and have been friends ever since. I know several others. We even now have a left of centre town council.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:503402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.