Agnostic.com

6 7

4 Steps to Communicate Anything Clearly, According to a Scientist Who Teaches Quantum Physics to Kids

Wonderful! "Imagine a bouncy ball," Walliman begins.

1. Start by meeting your audience where they’re at.

2. Don’t lose the plot. Walliman implores you not to “go too far down the rabbit hole.”

3. Go for clarity over accuracy. "Walliman says when we’re knowledgeable about a topic it’s easy to worry about getting every fact explained perfectly. That can get in the way of comprehension.

4. Explain why you’re so passionate about your topic. Show your enthusiasm! Enthusiasm is contagious.

Here's the talk:

[medium.com]physics-to-a60fafcbd0e7

LiterateHiker 9 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds good.

Seems like many 'Physics' on this platform can learn a lot from that.

I try to avoid going too deep on number two, but often fail. I'm learning though.

It works.

A great read and great advice ,This why somw keynote speakers keep you wide awake thru the whole thing and others have you almost sleeping in you chair with interest lost ,Thanks for Sharing LiterateHiker

Great ideas! When I give a Red Cross class they catch my enthusiasm over the subject matter. I do t teach what I don’t know So I work from my innate knowledge of the subject matter. Good idea not to get down rabbit holes or too much into detail

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:504040
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.