Agnostic.com

8 4

This is still happening today folks

Hindu priest, 70, beheads man in Indian temple as a human sacrifice to goddess who came to him in a dream and said it would end coronavirus

[dailymail.co.uk]priest-beheads-man-sacrifice-goddess-order-end-coronavirus.html

LenHazell53 9 June 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It maybe news here but it happens every day in superstitous, primitive India. I have lived thru it.

You may want to retract this post.

thank you for the advice but I think not, see my answer to your previous post.

Human sacrifice can be found everywhere in most religions. The Jesus Christ fairytale was the human sacrifice of the son of God. Then we have a cannibal sacrament to remember him by. Now over 2 Billion people use this shit to believe in it as a message from God. We should not be surprised when every now and again some Crazy religious person takes part in a human sacrifice ritual. Over 2 Billion Christians seem to believe that The Human Sacrifice of Jesus forgave us of original Sin. And you would want to be a crazy person to believe in that shit anyway. And Original Sin? Now that's some crazy shit right there. I could go on and on but it would take up to many years of my life. lol

Nothing to see here, move along, move along...

@p-nullifidian Move along, Move along???? You sound like a police officer. You do not have the right to police my thoughts.

According to the Indian press, the man later confessed to killing his friend for eating his dinner. Both men were ganja addicts, and were high at the time.
[newindianexpress.com]priest-beheads-man-inside-odisha-temple-after-victim-eats-his-dinner-police-2149283.html

Thanks for the update, it was thought at first he was drunk, turns out he was high, which still does not invalidate the reality that he thought claiming religious revelation was a legitimate excuse or mitigation, for committing homicide that was likely to gain him more leniency than admitting it was a fight over a dinner .
Please bear in mind also India is still basically a Hindu theocracy. The new Indian Express is a mouth piece for the Indian National Congress and so is happy to defend the national religion from disparagement.
It is always good to look at both side of a story and make a truly informed decision before decrying a story in Trumpian terms as "Fake News" especially when the facts of the matter are essentially true.
i.e. A man was beheaded on temple grounds by another who claimed, initially, in an inebriated state, to have done it as a act of human sacrifice, to end corona virus.

Uhhh,,,,,Maybe if I hold the sword this way,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets try it again.............

Is the virus gone? Now what?

Consenting adults?

What The Actual Fuck..😳😲😳😲😳

Sadly, this is fake news.

@p-nullifidian not fake news, simply an ongoing story with more facts emerging

@p-nullifidian I see you are using Thomas Paine's picture on your Profile. Paine asserts that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to establish the existence of a Supreme Being or creator of the universe. He agrees with Thomas Aquinas on this matter. Then on your profile you claim to be Agnostic/Atheist. Maybe change your Pic and stop being anonymous. Or maybe describe yourself as a Diest. This is what Thomas Paine described himself as. But Thomas Paine did reject revelation as a source of religious knowledge which makes your "move on" statement a little ironic since you do not seem to want me to call out certain aspects of revelation such as Original sin and human sacrifice. Who's THE FAKE NEWS guy now?????

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:504445
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.