Agnostic.com

38 7

What is your favorite creature of all time?

Can be anything living. Must be a actual living creature, no mythology.

Fulishsage 6 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tough call. I love silly playful creatures--otters and lemurs. But my favorite might be parrots, for their goofy but impressive intelligence, and their love of dancing to any drum beat. They are hysterical.

Tardigrade, aka Water Bear. Close second, axolotl.

Virtually indestructible, who doesn't love a Tardigrade.

The Tardigrade is the Nikola Tesla of microorganisms.

I had a tardigrade once when I was about 12, kept it in a well slide on my microscope, lost it after about 5 days. I was fascinated.

Octopus. Clever, bizarre, fascinating animal.

Crazy how smart they actually are. Friend of mine used to work with one that snuck out at night and would return by morning. It took them awhile for them to figure it out.

Otter, everything they do looks like fun

and elegant

My dog. Hands down.

The Gila monster that exude a substance that controls diabetes and even more that guy who first licked the spit of a Gila monster and said" hey let's try and cure Hernando's illness with this."

Lol!

The raptor dinosaur group, not the hollywood ones but the real 3 foot tall ones. If not for becoming extinct I believe their descendants would hold the position we humans currently have.

West of Eden! Ever read it?

@Blindbird I will now.

Duck billed platypus, it is a mammal that lays eggs.

The King

you are asking a hard question

right now I am liking marmosets

The Kracken

Too many, as soon as I think of one, I immediately think of another. So I will have to settle for the one that I find the most fascinating, the peripatus.

Had to look that one up!

I wonder if the person that named it was playing on the word peripatetic somehow

@btroje Yes, it is derived the same, to walk about. I had one I called Socrates, for that reason.

Nice one! Here's something to project on the ceiling at your next birthday party (or someone else's)

Not currently living, but a shark called the Helicoprion. It was known for it's extremely weird lower jaw. Guess not every evolutionary branch ends well.

[stevebryantcomics.com]

Black bears. Always have been fascinated by them. Came face to face with one years ago when vacationing in White Mountains of New Hampshire in a log cabin resort. Warned not to feed the bears after dinner at a Mexican restaurant after parking we saw a humongous bear on his hind legs standing tall trying to get into our dumpster enclosure. I signaled my husband at the time who was on the other side by jumping up and down without a sound but it scared the bear away.

Living in Alaska, I have ran into a few bears....but the worst was this adorable baby bear who came running at us as we were about to set up camp....a baby bear will get you killed quick...momma don't like humans who play with their babies...I imagine it looked like a monty python skit....haha...RUNAWAY!! RUNAWAY!! From this little adorable critter the size of a largish teddy bear...haha....ran into what I think was a brown bear when exploring a forest next to Carrs shopping mall...I think we were both scared...but I ran to the road, and the bear didn't follow....

The bees, because with out them there would be no mead and 400 plants important in agriculture. Just don't upset them.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 5, 2018

Manatees. Adorable.

i wish i could swim with one

Manatees are my fave. So docile, forgiving, friendly. They love pets. They're water dogs!

Tardigrade

I am going to have to look that up

who couldnt love a moss piglet?

Homo sapiens

The Loch Ness Monster, it doesn't actually exist but it's been entertaining us for years.

stu8 Level 4 Apr 5, 2018

The owl. It owns the night, hunting stealthfully, with its apapted 'soundless' feathers and enhanced night vision.

I'm wondering if we are not all the same creature broken apart by time and space. Are we not all Buddah things??? If not, I'm going with tortoise.

I love sloths!

Moose are probably the most awe inspiring when you meet them up close in the wild.

Or when one comes trotting up beside your car as you're driving a back road, doing about 20 mph.

dog

Grass pickerel, smallest member of the pike family.

do they have a bunch of tiny teeth?

Orca (killer whales)

I like the videos of them keeping up with speeding boats

Evil dolphins hmmm

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50446
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.