Agnostic.com

2 1

I have spent too much of my day today immersed in the divisions going on our country. Starting off with the news. Just that. The news. Then moved onto Facebook. I know I should avoid it but I have to understand what is going on out there even though I don't like it. One of my favorite posters starts with "All cops are horrible". Hyperbole. Next a woman from the town I teach in posted on a town page asking people to watch the documentary The 13th. OMG the hatred and meanness that came out of so many people's very busy fingers, was so angry. Then more reading online of so many different stories from both sides. I don't have much hope that this will ever get better. I wish I could be more optimistic but with there being total devastation everywhere (except the stock market), everyone is just blaming everyone else that doesn't think exactly like them. Please anyone out there that has a more positive opinion let me know.

NHjulie 8 June 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It’s the beginning of the end of the current presidency. The masses can’t wait! The small-minded have been riding high, but even they know their days are numbered...

It’s tuff to watch China-19 take out those whom nature would have eliminated decades ago, centuries ago, but the planet is not hurting for humans..

Summer’s here! Lighting Bugs (Fireflies), Cicada … and box turtle’s in need of help across the road. Pretty soon - Zucchini, Cucumbers & Tomatoes (maybe some sweet peppers, corn, and sweetmeat squash)!

I’m extremely impressed by those protesting the conditions that be -- and look forward to them taking on the next. Humanity is uniting! And, we are not living in boring times 🙂

Varn Level 8 June 11, 2020

The entire world seems to be very emotionally charged right now. It is said that there are only two true emotions, fear and love, and all other emotions stem from them. Right now, far too many are coming from a place of pretty primal fear...people of color are afraid of losing their right to life, others are afraid of losing their privilege...republicans are afraid of losing their golden ticket and others are afraid of another four years of it...and every damn body is afraid of the virus that has spread across the entire Earth, leaving death and havoc in its wake. Here's my positive opinion: it would serve us all well to infuse more love onto the field. Try to balance the scales, and who knows, maybe one day they will get tipped in that direction.Admittedly, it's not an easy undertaking when people are being such twats at every turn, but therein lies our greatest hope.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:504873
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.