Agnostic.com

6 4

Agnostic Cartoon

Gatovicolo 8 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

never understood how does that work....if you are a christian, you are committing blasphemy, if you are atheist what is the purpose?

Lol

bobwjr Level 10 June 12, 2020

Or the constitution. I'm glad that where I live, folks swear on their own honor, not a bible, nor a "so help me God."

In the US can’t one simply “affirm” rather than “swear”?

@Justme43 Sure, I guess. My clients are asked to hold up their right hand while they are asked something like: "Do you swear the information have provided is the truth and nothing but the truth?" Upon which they reply "Yes" or "I do" or "I swear" or pretty much anything in the affirmative, so I guess you could call it affirming, or attesting to the oath, but since it's a swearing of their honesty, I'm comfortable with the word "swear" since that's what they are doing, swearing on their honor.

The God Delusion. Yes your honor.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:505133
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.