Agnostic.com

16 0

Where is your favorite travel destination?

Me, I like Mexico because of its beauty, culture, food and people. I am also a history and pre-history buff, so it has a special attraction for me. It has extraordinary diversitiy of topographies and climates. It can be as urbane as Mexico City or as exotic as the jungles of Chiapas and indigenous highlands of Michoacan.

Because it is close and because I know how to stretch a peso, I can visit more often and for longer periods of time than other destinations. I was in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon this month by car. Next to Jalisco in May, with a round trip ticket from Phoenix for $191.

TravelinTom 5 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Anyplace warmer than Boston in the winter..except Florida..

I used to travel and move all the time. Now I'm not so into it.

Good question. I have an odd answer considering I'm an atheist. I really enjoyed Israel. The architecture in old Jerusalem was quite interesting. I also love wandering through old churches. (Yes, I know?) The view from the top of Masada is breathtaking and floating in the Dead Sea is a cool experience. Lots of interesting museums and Yad Vashem is definitely worth a visit.
I guess it depends what you like to do on vacation. I like to explore locations of historical importance and learn things. It's my thing. Too many countries to see and so little time.

Nova Scotia, surrounded by the sea.

Nova Scotia is on my bucket list. My husband and i are planning a trip there for our 25th anniversary in two years.

Maui, Coeur d'Alene ID and Cambodia.

where's couer d'alene

@markdevenish Idaho. Beautiful mountain town with a beautiful lake. About 30 minutes from Spokane WA.

Only part of Mexico I've visited was Cancun, Cozumel and Tulum over 25 years ago. I prefer a quiet beach on a tropical island - not a large crowd - somewhere in Carribean like St. Kitts which used to be mellow when I was there.

yucutan is still lovely chichen itza is amazing as is the snorkelling off tulum

"Past the hills there is a valley leading to the forest hiding the cave were joy resides for the adventurous that finds in the female form his favorite home." HLM.

The Liquor Store or the Dispensary.

So far, the Bahamas.

I loved eleuthra

Bangkok Thailand, at Sukhumvitt street at 2 AM. The craziest place in the world (I mean it in the best possible way). That place is really awesome. Is it the weather? Is it the booze? Is it the drunk crazy girls ( half of them may not be what they seem). Non the less, if you want to mingle and have fun with no prejudice among people from all corners of the world then now you know what's your next destination..... If I ever find a job over there, I would jump on it with no hesitation and would retire there while drinking to my death. What a way to go that would be !!!!!

yep kosan rd. isn't too shabby either and the king's palace is extraordinary

I have been to BKK quite a few times, however I don't know those places you mention. I am sure we both will agree, its a big place !! Too much to explore and discover. I need to come back again !!

I have recently returned from Palawan,a Island in the Philippines archipelago.The most beautiful place I have ever been

I've always enjoyed Geece. One of my favorite spots is Korfu. It's riddled with history and the people are kind and giving.

The next one....

After three decades on the road l don't get into it as much. It is more about who l travel with.

Rome or barcelona

Tenerife is really cool place. And Cuban people and snorkeling are the best in Carribian?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50639
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.