Agnostic.com

2 0

Biden's ads say, "We're fighting for the soul of this nation" It certainly fits with the darkness from both camps. Biden and corporate Dems pretend that all that is needed for them to lay claim to the "good" side of the spectrum is for Trump's side to be "evil." But they don't get it by default. It doesn't work that way.

And nothing better illustrates this sliding scale than the "I'd vote for Joe Biden if he boiled and ate babies" article. Yes, it's hyperbole, but it is meant to establish that anything short of that is gonna get a pass. Maybe what disturbs me the most is that there's definitely a progression short of baby boiling where the answer would still be it's not a deal breaker. Plagiarism? No prob. Lying about resume and record? It's a no brainer. Problematic voting record? Not to us. Kiddy diddling and unwanted advances where he insists he went openly creepy mode only and no further? That's what Joe says and why would he lie? So what if the babies weren't actually boiled? That's not Joe's only prep option. And what else might Joe presume to get a greenlight on if boiling babies poses no difficulties? Hyperbole aside... just how close could Joe get to that line before it starts raising eyebrows? My problem is I have no fvcking idea.

[mediaite.com]

WilliamCharles 8 June 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are such a phony troll, a hypocrite all full of fake outrage. What I don't understand is your motivation. Why do you bother? What do you hope to accomplish? I'm voting for good 'ol Joe, he's my man, if Joe can't do it, nobody can!
You mean boiling FETUSES, btw? Fetuses are not babies, as any retard knows (except you, apparently).

Did you even bother to read the piece? It was referencing Katha Pollitt's article. It's part of some trend where people express their fealty to Biden and the party by declaring what particular heinous acts they'd ignore and still vote for him.

I find it most disconcerting and the historical precedent of such a mindset is not pretty.

What I hope to accomplish is to show that Joe dropping out would makes sense should the Democrats want to win. Joe will be trainwreck.

The calls for "unity"means nothing more than to shut up about Biden. Why make him the nominee then if for him to be the "safe" choice, nobody can talk about who he is and what he stands for?

@WilliamCharles Well, he's NOT going to drop out, as you well know. Why should he? He's ahead by 12 points. Yes, he's made some mistakes and is not perfect. I assume after he quits you want him to throw his support behind Bernie Sanders, right?
Keep dreaming.

Is there something wrong with you? Seldom does one see such a mishmash of fake facts & non-sequiters.

The article was real, and the problem of being so ready to jettison values is troubling... to me at least.

:-----:

Hunter S. Thompson - “There’s a terrible danger in voting for the lesser of two evils because the parties can set it up that way.”

Looking up some other background info, I came across this. It was written before Biden even announced. It is more complementary to Biden than I was expecting, and some of it justified. But I also find it telling, particularly in light of its closing summary (the part excerpted below), that there's zero mention of the times he's been caught lying, as well as his dropping out in '88 having been revealed to have plagiarized material in speeches.

:-----:

"Biden’s challenge is not merely to win the Democratic nomination, but also to convince his progressive detractors that he isn’t their political enemy, so they won’t abandon him in the general election. To pull that off, he will have to follow his own advice, which he laid out in a 1974 interview, not even two years into being a senator.

In it, Biden summed up his political philosophy this way: “I don’t think the issues mean a great deal in terms of whether you win or lose. I think the issues are merely a vehicle to portray your intellectual capacity to the voters … a vehicle by which the voters will determine your honesty and candor. The central issue of my campaign—and I used all the issues from busing to the war to the economy, crime, and prison reform—was to convince the people that I was intelligent and to convince them that I was honest.”"

[politico.com]

@WilliamCharles I have been doing a lot of thinking about Biden...I am a Bernie gal thru & thru, but for someone with a severe stuttering problem to go into a job that requires public speaking means he has Guts! I like that.
Oh, and the plagiarism, do you think any politicians write their own speeches? Methinks he took the rap because he employed an idiot...and wouldn't That be refreshing!??

@AnneWimsey - if Biden promoted worthy goals, his speech difficulties would be my least concern. But there's also times he was barely coherent (marked cognitive decline imho). The quotes are painful. He struggles, and it will be worse once he has to get seriously active campaigning. His handlers choice to keep him on a short leash is insulting. It highlights that he's little more than an anti-Trump placeholder.

@WilliamCharles "short leash"???? And it is Obvious you know Nothing about stuttering, speech pauses are taught in speech therapy

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507774
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.