Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK 'Heartbreaking,' Say Global Experts, Alarmed at Signs US Has 'Given Up' Fight to Stop Covid-19 | Common Dreams News

"I'm becoming convinced that Covid is not far from taking on the characteristics of gun violence. The U.S. will endure much higher, persistent negative effects from something that other countries have solved; we'll normalize it and convince ourselves nothing can be done."
—Michael Rozier, St. Louis University

Posting on Twitter a chart showing the steady, continued growth of Covid-19 cases in the U.S. as millions of Americans were forced to continue reporting to work throughout the crisis compared with plummeting infection rates across Europe, former Obama administration Medicare official Andy Slavitt tweeted, "Don't ever let anyone tell you it wasn't possible."

I've heard time and again that Americans don't do irony. Guess we're showing them all now. This is irony on a nationwide scale. Sigh.

Amzungu 8 June 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I fear that this is the case. It looks like the US has given up on trying to fight Covid19. Just let it do it's thing and maybe kill 300,000 people or more. It's almost akin to genocide how this administration has dealt with this.

It truly is. I am seriously struggling with watching all of this happen around me. It goes against my every instinct and ethic as a health care provider to do such obvious harm. We're killing ourselves, and each other, right now and no one that has the power to do something about it seems to give a single fuck beyond how they can personally benefit from it. Not so proud to be an American these days. Sigh.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:507866
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.