Agnostic.com

5 5

So I haven't been on A.com in quite a while; needed to focus on helping my granddaughter remove herself and children from an abusive relationship, and relocate several hundred miles away - which is a process, not an event.

And at the turn of the new year, I was diagnosed with throat cancer - fun stuff for a singer-songwriter.

So I finished chemo and radiation about six weeks ago, and I am recovering on what they tell me is a pretty fast track - 40-50% of sense of taste back, strong enough for a 5-hour ride on my Can Am Spyder.

All that being said, going into this Covid-19 shite, I'm 65yo, with Asthma and COPD - kind of the Trifecta of vulnerability. And then chemo dropped my WBC count into the basement, so pretty much a Grand Slam. And while WBCC is recovering, it is nowhere near back to normal. So my in-person social life is non-existent until we get a vaccine. So I guess I'm just popping in to say, "Howdy, I'm back."

matthew1954 7 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Welcome back.. Sorry to hear about your medical situation.. Isolate for your own safety and get well soon ☺

Welcome back, and best wishes on keeping up a good speed on that fast track.

Lauren Level 8 June 25, 2020

Welcome back

bobwjr Level 10 June 24, 2020

Welcome back. As a 7 year cancer survivor I've been quarantining as well. Scary the thought of getting sick -really sick again. We are now zooming on Wed nites if you feel like talking to people, with or without video. We also have a Cancer Sucks Group which I started. Support if you want it. Take care!!!!

glad you're back. enjoy!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509173
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.