Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK BBC - Travel - Is the future of travel underwater?

"New underwater projects are taking this on board, working hand in hand with conservationists and marine biologists to make the travel experience not only fun but educational, by raising awareness of the threat to the oceans and its habitats. While dive centres highlight the threats to their dive grounds, research centres, in particular on the Great Barrier Reef, are showcasing their research on topics such as coral bleaching, the effects of plastic waste and reef destruction. They’re asking visitors to take away not only an enjoyable experience but vital knowledge, too."

#BBC
Amzungu 8 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Did you ever go out in a glass-bottomed boat at Watamu Marine National Park?
Then, from the boat you can get into the water, with a snorkel and goggles and the fish are so accustomed to people that you can feed them by hand and feel them bumping against your body.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Petter Level 9 June 30, 2020

I did not have that pleasure. All of my recreational time was spent in Maasai Mara with the ones wilder than I.

@Amzungu Next time, enjoy Watamu as well as the Mara.

This is awesome! It is officially on my bucket list now!

Unity Level 7 June 30, 2020

Right? So freaking cool! The resort in the Maldives the article mentioned has been on my bucket list since it's inception. Some day...

@Amzungu Share the pictures here when you go!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510767
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.