Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK WHO Chief On COVID-19 Pandemic: 'The Worst Is Yet To Come' : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR

Speaking at a briefing in Geneva, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said: "We all want this to be over. We all want to get on with our lives. But the hard reality is this is not even close to being over."

"Although many countries have made some progress, globally the pandemic is actually speeding up," he said.

He said the solution is the same as it has been since the early days of the pandemic: "Test, trace, isolate and quarantine."

"If any country is saying contact tracing is difficult, it is a lame excuse," he said.

Buckle up, bitches, we're in for a rough ride...

Amzungu 8 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Especially those lands where people are too stupid to understand why one should wear a mask in public. It's only 15% about protecting yourself. It's 85% about protecting others from YOU, in case you are asymptomatic and superspreadong.

Petter Level 9 June 30, 2020

I'm going to predict that Europe, Australia, New Zealand and China are the only places that will keep the Virus at bay. I hope I'm wrong. We had an average of 10 cases per day last week in Ireland and we are now fully opened up apart from concerts and mass gathering which are delayed until Next year 2021. Our population is 5 million. So with Florida having 21 million people they would have to get to 43 cases a day not 9,000, to achieve what most European countries are now experiencing. It's really upsetting to see what's happening in the US. I hope the worst is not to come but I fear it is. I don't use this phase a lot, but I think Trump has blood on his hands.

Trump most definitely has blood on his hands. He chose to politicize a public health emergency from the very beginning and continues to do so. Had we invested a fraction of the trillions we spent on bailouts and stimulus from the start toward testing, contact tracing, and isolation of all contacts, we could have gone a long way to stopping this thing at the small handful of doors it came through in Feb. We have no excuse. We had the knowledge, the money, the manpower, and resources. What we were lacking was leadership, and thousands will have died because of one man's fucking ego.

This would have been a great time to have actual leadership.......if it were not for some Governors, we would be at the rioting stage.

Our Governor taxes the fuck out of us and has never been one I strongly support, but he has done a fabulous job mitigating this situation in IL and has earned my total respect in this regard.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510769
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.