Agnostic.com

6 3

So, is it just me or do others notice that 45 takes his political strategies from Hitler's playbook?
1)identify a minority group (immigrants in this case).
2) stereotype and demonise them, blame them for the loss of money and jobs
3) encourage persecution of them and create laws which limit their rights and movements.
4) encourage an elitest group and reward them for their mindless support (church, white supremacists).
5) have large rallies to encourage group identification, contempt of outgroups and establish power base.

Can you think of any other parallels or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Cyklone 7 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gee, you just noticed? Welcome back from Pluto, I guess......

Nah, just Aussie. We try not to notice the crap that happens over there too much. Most of the time we don't believe it and the rest of the time it's just "f'ing yanks, what do you expect"? 😄😃😂 By the law of averages though, you must have some sane ones there.

@Fred_Snerd
"All my life, I've wondered how other countries held America in such high regard"

Sorry to burst your bubble here mate, but you're seen as the dumb rich kid who has all the bright toys that we tolerate because we want the toys.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be derogatory to the people. I've visited USA in'95 and I was impressed by the hospitality of the average person, but your gov't comes off as bumbling idiots with too much money to play with.

Comparisons between Hitler and Trump have been continuously drawn since he became a candidate. These are general enough that they would fit many world leaders, past and present.

IMO, Trump wants to be an autocrat or dictator. Many authoritarian figures have used these tactics and strategies. There is very little difference between "the Donald" and Nico'las Maduro of Venezuela.

t1nick Level 8 June 30, 2020

@Fred_Snerd 👍

If you want to see what this political effort gets a nation one can read, "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich," Speer I think was the author. Of real interest is the economics of the Nazis.

Read/ listened to that twice, two summers ago, searching for signs & parallels… Many! The only difference I noted between trump & hitler is trump was born with a silver foot in his mouth.. He did not struggle to earn the resentments hitler came by due to his inability to fit in society.

Same shit, though. Ruthless hitch men, contrite Generals, broken declining society, lack of empathy, use & abuse of others, constant lies, surrounded by yes-men, harnessing propaganda, nationalism, eliminating the press, targeting minorities, military worship, use of religion, grandiose proclamations, constant paranoia and willing to take a nation down with him…

Here’s a key - both ‘45’ and hitler are/ were Narcissists. In hit’s day, he may still have been labeled a ‘Megalomaniac.’ With the same condition, their traits and behaviors are/ would be near identical.

trump is a perfect example of ‘not having learned from history’ - or - confirmation that there are one ‘ell of a lot of White Supremacists in the USA 😕

Varn Level 8 June 30, 2020

Why im running, and why ill win.
www.anon2020.com

I don't think #45 actually has any strategy. I think his handlers tell him what to do, and his handlers are followers of Hitler.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510774
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.