Agnostic.com

5 6

Found a profound yet accurate evaluation for Joe Biden; Whatdoyathink?

Robecology 9 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think plenty of white male politicians would have jumped at the chance to be VP, regardless of whether or not the president was black. They are careerist, they will do whatever it takes to satisfy their ambition and the opportunity to be VP is much more important than some kind of slight to their pride by playing second fiddle to a black person.

I don't see this as profound or even out of the ordinary. So Joe took the opportunity to jump aboard the Obama train and as VP, he didn't undermine his president despite that president being black. Wow, what an achievement.

If this is the best pitch they have to convince people that Joe is an ally of the African American Community, I'm afraid it falls terribly short when juxtaposed to how the man legislated throughout his long career. It is a very weak attempt to draw our focus away from his despicable past. The fact that he was VP to a black president, who didn't actually do much for black people, does not erase his past.

They don't have to convince blacks to vote for Joe Biden. We're going to come out in record numbers for Biden.

@barjoe

I hope so. And if that happens, it will be the anti-Trump sentiment motivating it, not any enthusiasm for Biden.

@RoboGraham Many of us have known Joe Biden for a long time. He's gone through much adversity in his life and has been in public service all his life. The more you learn about him, the more favorable you'll look upon him. Don't judge people by how they're portrayed by their opposition.

@barjoe

I have looked into Joe quite a bit. I don't like most of what I see.

@RoboGraham I don't like most of what I see of PM Morrison. What I hear about him comes from what I read. If I were to comment negatively about him, I'd have to learn more. As I said, don't judge people by how they are portrayed by the opposition.

Joe Biden is a great guy and I'm hopeful that he gets in. I'm not sure he actually wanted to be president , it's more that he knows he's our last best hope. If Trump gets another term, the future for this planet is not good.

barjoe Level 9 June 30, 2020

He sounds "sure he actually wants to be president " to me. What makes you say otherwise?

@Robecology I'm not sure he wanted to run. He answered the call. He wants to win now that he's the nominee, there's no doubt about that.

My strong suspicion is your thoughts match the vast majority … and keep me for screwing around with our permanent detractors 😉

Echoing @RoboGraham: Biden not undermining Obama is about the best that can be said for his support of African Americans. You do not have to dig too deep to understand his career-long negative impacts on that community. Here the two most egregious actions of then Senator Joe Biden that have been and will continue to impact generations of African Americans:

1. As head of the Senate Judiciary Committee, he is responsible for the ultra-Conservative Clarence Thomas becoming a Supreme Court Justice
  2. He authored the 1994 Crime Bill that opened the floodgates to mass incarceration, disproportionately affected black and brown people

@Fred_Snerd WTF Snerd. You listen to rap?

I also think that anyone who has a severe stuttering problem & enters a life of public speaking has A LOT of gumption! I like that!

Biden delivered the white men of his era, not a lot, cuz most appear racist, but enough. It’s like he’s the right guy at the right time. Doubt he wanted to run this time, but knew we needed stability and stature..

He’ll help us heal, sustain a couple Supreme Court justices, regain some stature on the world stage, move as far and fast as ‘the new Congress’ will allow, and leave a well positioned woman as VP.. Not bad for a career in politics ~

Varn Level 8 June 30, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510784
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.