Agnostic.com

2 2

Looking for others interested in Buddhist and Taoist philosophies in the SE Florida area. We could grab a cup of coffee and discuss the nature of reality. Or tell jokes. I am in the wisewoman stage of life and could use some buddies interested in making life meaningful. I also like discussing the Castaneda books and wonder how to create the dream I want to be in. All dreamers welcome.

Hollyberry 3 July 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

North Florida here, but you'll have no problem finding pals down there.

I'm hoping to meet some like-minded companions. It's a little hard with things being virtual.

@Hollyberry I'm trying likewise, but I live in Trump Country up here! Not many 'like-minded companion' types to be found. I'm agnostic, so instead I come here and amuse myself by arguing with 'hard' atheists and libertarians, etc., about oh-so-weighty issues...my definition of 'fun.'
(Btw, A Yaqui Way of Knowledge and Journey to Ixtlan were favorites of mine back in the 'blessed' 70s. What happened?!? I haven't tripped in decades!)

If you’re ever in Southwest Broward let me know. I don’t really know much about those particular philosophies but I’m interested in philosophy in general. In the meantime, are there one or two books you’d recommend?

kdmom Level 6 July 1, 2020

Anything by Pema Chodron for Buddhism. Tao Te Ching for Taoism.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:511091
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.