Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK Eight Big Reasons Critical Race Theory Is Terrible for Dealing with Racism - New Discourses

As unlikely as it seems, a highly obscure academic theory known as Critical Race Theory has completely mainstreamed in society, and now everyone is discussing it. While Critical Race Theory has the noble goal of pointing out problems that can be hard to see and that maintain or constitute racism, it turns out to be a remarkably bad way of going about this. A little familiarity with the basic principles of Critical Race Theory and how they go wrong can help with this.
... in the hopes of helping people understand it better so they can decide for themselves if Critical Race Theory is the way we should be dealing with race issues and racism in our society, or if we can genuinely do better. - New Discourses

Jetty 7 July 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Having only this one article to go by, I would be disturbed if this is the philosophy behind CRT; that absolutely every interaction I have has to be addressed from the perspective that I, everyone else, and all of society, am inherently racist, and that there is no such thing as objective knowledge.

I plan to research further into this. Right now, I don't take any side in the debate because I don't accept a single source (and a non-primary source, at that) as good enough basis for an opinion.

Yeah this is exactly why most Atheists of color don't bother to associate with white Atheists.

For those people who are white and raised in an all white community some old familiar sayings may apply but the real meanings are gone from the start. Most would agree that:

1. We all want to be treated well.
  2. Do not judge a man until you have walked in his shoes.
  3. Justice for one and all.

I could write more and more of these but the problem is that most races agree with the words but whites can only see this from a white perspective. This means automatically that other races will see it differently than you do. White supremacists want to define how people of color see and feel. It cannot be done and this has been the big problem from the beginning.

A pathetic excuse for a source and a beyond ignorant way of thinking.

More racist BS. So that's actually your specialty. That explains a lot.

Do you have something to support this racist BS from an out of touch right wing web-site, with anything but your opinion. Your fear of ignoring the fact that racism has systemic manifestations that affect people's lives is just another bit of white fragility coming out and a demonstration of the white privilege to ignore the oppression of others. People are actually recognizing that there is more to racism than individual behavior, that systemic processes and social norms perpetuate racism and you don't like that point being made but have nothing of substance to deny it.

You don't demonstrate anything is "terrible" or how anything "can go wrong" if people address racism on a systemic level. You simply say it doesn't exist while ignoring the evidence that demonstrates you're wrong.

Changing the way people think is near to impossible and make the assumption to knowing what is in people's thoughts. Change policies that discriminate and makes distinctions based on ethnic background is easier to do.. At least it's possible. Eventually as people live within a system the mindset will change on its own. Hopefully.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512806
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.