Agnostic.com

6 0

Not loving the latest decisions coming from the Supreme Court.

Blessed be the fruit...

Supreme Court Carves Out Religious Exception To Fair Employment Laws [npr.org]employment-laws?sc=18&f=885172035

Supreme Court Undercuts Access To Birth Control Under Obamacare [npr.org]

Amzungu 8 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just wrong

bobwjr Level 10 July 8, 2020

Quakers do not believe in war. I believe they should be exempt from paying the portion of their taxes that would be used for the war machines of the United States. The only way religious exemptions will ever be stopped is when it starts biting the fanatics in the butt.

I am continually outrage by the Catholic church overtaking most of the hospital in Oklahoma. My town of 30 000 people has only one hospital and its Catholic. None of their employees have birth control insurance access. Tubal ligations and the vasectomies are not performed in Shawnee. That means when a woman has a C section and also wants her tubes tied she has to have 2 surgeries because she will need to go to another hospital to get it done.

The Republican administration in Oklahoma has denied medicaid expansion which means many rural hospitals are going broke nd guess who's taki thing them over. Yes it's the Catholic Church. This means many women will have to travel as much as a 100 miles just to get a tubal ligation.

We just passed a state question mandating medicaid expansion. It's obvious our Republican governor and legislature are going to try to stop that from happening despite state wide voter approval.

Thanks for allowing me to rant. Now I need to go check my blood pressure.

If employers don't want to respect womens reproductive rights they have no right to be in the business of health care. They should be excluded. Not access to birth control

I don't like it either it that's because of politics. I think, sadly, trumpeter was on solid legal ground.

Insidious religious creeping into human freedoms and rights.

@Bobby9 There are many other mandates for types of insurance coverage in Obama care. They are also not privacy issues but are required because of scientific recommendations for good health care. Birth control Is a health care issue. Yes abstaining is one option but very impractical for many women especially married ones. This ruling affects women's health care. Non stop pregnancy is not healthy. Women who make 725 an hour cannot afford health care. Yes there are often places where free birth control is available. It is not always the healthiest option sent some women have issues with some kinds of birth control. The free access places often have limited hours and if you have to work just to exist and cannot get off that access it is no longer really available.

They are bought and paid for

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.