Agnostic.com

26 52

Posted meaning no disrespect to my many American friends, family members, and allies:

A telephone to God?

A photographer on vacation was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read '$10,000 per call'.

The American, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for.

The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for
$10,000 you could talk to God.

The American thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Atlanta . There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it.

He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in Orlando and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was.

She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for $10,000 he could talk to God.

'O.K., thank you,' said the American.

He then traveled to Indianapolis , Washington DC , Philadelphia
Boston and New York .

In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same '$10,000 per call' sign under it.

The American, upon leaving Vermont decided to travel up to Canada to see if Canadians had the same phone.

He arrived in Canada , and again, in the first church he entered,
there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read '50 cents per call.'

The American was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. 'Father, I've traveled all over America and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in the US the price was$10,000 per call.

Why is it so cheap here?'

The priest smiled and answered, 'You're in Canada now, son ... it's a local call.'
#humour

josephr 7 July 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They are using a phone instead of the church bell to call god. It should be toll free!!!

clever

A direct line to God what purpose does the dial serve. 🤪🤣

Many numbers for many gods lol

@Cutiebeauty Yeah Yeah that's the ticket, totally slipped my mind!

Makes people feel like they have some options, or some control. LOL

@Cutiebeauty Maybe God is still hooked up to party line, if anyone remembers what those are. LOL

@josephr Do you think the others pick up the receiver and listen in?

Could they have a shared Bluetooth speaker option? But Gods can probably just tune in; they're 'all knowing' after all. LOL

@josephr Hey, just did a bit of a re-check. That song I mentioned 'Telephone to Glory' was actually called 'Royal Telephone' and was released circa 1978 by an Aussie Aboriginal singer named Jimmy Little.

@Triphid You mean this one. I also found one by Jimmy Swaggert. LOL You have a good memory.

No offense taken. I’m a US citizen who loves Canada.

UUNJ Level 8 July 9, 2020

Very cute 🙂 what happened to free praying lol

When was praying for free ever a thing? Tithe sista or the big dog can't hear you. 😀

Nicked it for my FB page. Thanks for the laugh

I will say, the first time I visited your Quetico Provincial park I remember thinking to myself that if a God existed, that is where you'd find him.

Wow, that brought back 50 year old memories. And you're absolutely right. What's great is that there are equally magical parks like Quetico here in BC.

@josephr You've certainly got a lot of awe inspiring nature up there. My 18yr old son described his first ten day canoe trip there as a combination of the Seven Wonders of the World and the Nine Circles of Hell. I thought it rather descriptively accurate.

@Amzungu I can believe that; canoeing or kayaking on our rivers or off the coast you can expect the waters to be wicked or wondrous, sometimes at the same time. LOL

I figured the punch line would be along the lines that each gold phone simply called another gold phone and who answered pretended to be "god".

Sounds like a do-able phone scam. Charge callers $4.00 per minute to talk to some guy making $8.00 per hour to pretend to be God.

That IS funny.

Well the same happens with medicines!

Hoser!

That is what happens when the obstructionist republican fascists and their wealthy owners and their corporations installed and own the telephone company!!!

Great chuckle!

Enjoyed that...

lead is too long but the kicker is funny

I love it!

Lol cute

bobwjr Level 10 July 9, 2020

Hey, I seem to recall ( no pun intended btw) that there was a song released decades ago called " Telephone to Glory," maybe a few of these Scam-artist Preachers, etc, heard and figured out what a great money-making idea it could well become.

Of course God lives up here with Yukon Cornelius...lol

Nah, sorry but HE USED to live in my backyard, he's now buried in my backyard.
Oops, sorry that was my Dog...LOL.

Changed Canada to Italy and sent it to the only two people in the world I know that would appreciate it.

Got it. 🙂

lmmfao.

A bit on the backward side aren't they?
Haven;'t they heard as yet that this IS the 21st. Century, there are new fangled things called "Cell Phones," the Internet, Twitter and the like these days?
Maybe Alexander Grahame Bell has just been way, way too busy being on his aged knees singing the praises of God to keep up with modern times...LOL.

Write Comment More
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513827
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.