Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Supreme Court says eastern half of Oklahoma is Native American land (for some purposes)

This came aoubt because a man raped a 4 year old on land that was in dispute. This brought up jurisdiction issues, which made it all the way to the supreme court, and ended up as a big win for Native Americans.

snytiger6 9 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

ANY win for the Natives is a good one! Tell me...are oil rights included in this ''grant?"

Doubtful.

@snytiger6 Of course. STILL....environmental control's undoubtedly involved. My great-grandfather, Franklin P. Cease, was the first Police Judge appointed in the Oklahoma Territory. An ardent advocate for the Natives, he fought for their rights...and I'd give a lot to sit quietly in his courtroom. He tried bandits, prostitutes, land-grabbers...the whole thing. Somehow, I just know he'd be happy about this decision. (If you like history....he also befriended Geronimo, when he was imprisoned in Ft. Sill. My great-grandmother refused to shake his hand...but she made his dinner.)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514094
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.