Agnostic.com

12 28

One of the more simple pleasures in life is sitting outside on a starry night, no one else around, just me and my thoughts. I in particular enjoy those nights where all the wolves are silent and it seems only the moon is howling...

SpikeTalon 9 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I envy you.
I live in a city- there are hardly any stars to be seen. Jut the moon and planets.
Unfortunately moving to the country is not an option for me since I have poor vision and cannot drive.
Enjoy a starry night for me!

I'm lucky enough to live in a super quiet neighborhood without streetlights to mess up the night. It's nice being able to enjoy the night right outside my back door.

I live near downtown Phoenix and I sat outside on my back porch and the only howling that I heard was from some fried out homeless guy arguing with a tweaker prostitute.😏

We all know how to love.
One of the most natural things we do, is to love ourselves.
Ourselves, and:
other humans,
and other animals,
and plants, trees, mountains, grass, rivers, lakes, the ocean,
the sky.
We have a natural love for all things.
We walk in the twilight time.
We walk, and we see, and we feel the wind.
We naturally love.

(This is a poem I wrote a few days ago. Call it, "Meditation" )

bigjac Level 6 July 14, 2020

I live in Wichita, Kansas, in an average residential area, not in the middle of downtown.
The street lights, which are now extra bright LED, and porch lights of homes, combine to block out much of the star light.
However, when I was a teenager, I learned most of the constellations, and how to recognize Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars.
So, I have a great time, anytime I take the time, to look around at the night sky.
Jupiter has been in the southern sky, lately.
Wichita is full of trees, and they can look very dramatic, some of them truly massive, such as the cottonwood trees, and some of them a deep, rich green.
But I do not agree that such times are best enjoyed alone.
My wife is very disabled.
I wish she could come outside, and enjoy it with me.

bigjac Level 6 July 14, 2020

I miss those nights in Tennessee. You can forget that stars exist living in the shadow of NYC.

did that the other night during a bout of insomnia. Just me and my old hound sitting out side. One of the few times she didn't wander around to sniff everything she just sat next to me.

redhog Level 7 July 13, 2020

You're definitely not describing Mojacar in the tourist season, 😂🤣

Petter Level 9 July 13, 2020

Bummer.

City folks have no idea what they are missing

Boxdoc Level 7 July 13, 2020

The nature is beautiful in the absence of homo sapiens.

It is indeed

Yes, the cows came up early yesterday and I popped out and saw the moon and stars with a pale blue sky, very beautiful 😊

howling back has it's place too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514949
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.