Agnostic.com

7 3

How low can a man go? At 11am I took 25mg of Losartan, after a reading of 140. The first photo shows my (81) reading at 2pm. The second one shows it recovering (107) an hour later, having had a short sleep.
We men are so fickle. 😂🤣

Petter 9 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

no idea...

Where did you get the dea that Losartan, or any BP med, works that quickly or is supposed to be taken randomly as you think "needed"?
All that kind of thing needs to be taken Daily at approx. the same time of day! You are setting yourself up for a stroke or blood clot!

I "got the idea" from my vet. On her advice I can vary the dose but must take it at consistent intervals. In fact I'm due right now for my evening pill, since it is 11pm.

@Petter "vet"...you mean doctor, right?

@AnneWimsey I'm an an animal - I know 'cause my wife told me so! Doctors treat people. Ergo, she's a vet!! 🤣🤣🤣

You're on a baby dose! And, Losartan is not a quick acting medicine. There are very few Bp meds that are. We take them and they have a cumulative effect.
I'm a pro at BP med unfortunately. Been trying to get my numbers to look as good as yours for ten years 😟

It's weird. I have been up to 227/180. I'm technically on a 50mg tablet morning and evening (100mg total) but my vet advises me to adjust downwards if it drops lower than 120.

@Petter Yea. I've set the alarm off on the BP machine at those highs. Scary huh?

barjoe Level 9 July 13, 2020

My doctors let me experiment with dosages. Have you asked your dr about that?

That's why my tablets are breakable into 25mg pieces. My prescribed dose is 100mg per day.

@Petter So you took 50 mg when your reading was 140? Does that mean you'll try 25 mg next time for a similar reading?

@LovinLarge I took 25mg. (Half of a 50mg tablet) it remained low all day.but climbed slowly up. By 11pm (pill time) it had reached 125/68 so I took my usual 50mg dose which should hold it there until tomorrow morning. (I tend to stay up late, then sleep until 10am.

Is it Losartan 25mg w/hctz? Do you use salt substitute ever? Do you drink Gatorade? Do you ever take potassium supplement?

barjoe Level 9 July 13, 2020

It's neat Losartan. I never take salt substitute but keep my salt consumption low. I drink no "ades", preferring water, milk and decafeinated tea or coffee. I take no supplements.

@Petter do you eat lots of bananas, potatoes, strawberries, foods that have high potassium content? You also may not consume enough salt. You should have your doctor monitor your meds

I'd suggest asking your doctor about lowering your dose of Losartan.

I'm prescribed one Losartan 50mg tablet to be taken morning and evening. ie. 100mg per day. the tablets are designed to be broken in half, which I do when my blood pressure goes like this.
However, sometimes I can go for a month, taking the prescribed dose and maintaining a pressure between 120 and 130. Let's face it - I'm abnormal!

@Petter OR your pills are. I took valsartan (before they were found to be contaminated with NDMA, a carcinogen) and could not use any generic as their potency was all over the place. My bp and subsequent migraines would almost always go out of whack whenever I started a new bottle.

@Zster Mine are supplied, very cheaply, by the government, via approved pharmacies. That's the way it is in Spain. I pay less than half a dollar for a fortnight's supply.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:514990
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.