Agnostic.com

10 3

Joe Biden's America? Count me out.

RoboGraham 8 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How about we go back to where this problem really got out of hand - a big round of applause to Nancy Reagan and her "just say no" anti drug propaganda. She was sooooo sure if they just clamped down on all those young, pot smokers we would have a drug free America. HA!
People clamored for stronger drug laws and enforcement...more jail time, etc. The politicians in power at the time (both Dems and GOP) were allllll happy to oblige - thinking they were complying with the will of the people. Just goes to prove - people (the masses) are mostly knee jerk reactive so its ridiculous to try to pin the stupid legislation that ensues on any one politician.
And - not for nuthin....this particular situation would most likely have gone down very differently if this guy had been a good ole' white Alabama boy. 😟 😟

Very true

But Biden is Mr. tough on crime, author of the crime bill. Of those who are still around today, he deserves more of the blame than any of the politicians who produced that regressive policy.

@RoboGraham author of a Bill which went through many changes (like every other bill, ever) before it got passed by a BIpartisan vote, duhhhhhh....

@AnneWimsey

Exactly right, the final version of the bill was watered down, less draconian and less favorable to the cops. If he had his way, it would have been worse.

Just what we need. Trying to throw off a total scumbag dictator and people try to throw monkey wrenches in the whole process. Biden was vice president for Obama who was a nobel prize winner and one of the better presidents. If Biden had problems we would have seen them by now and Obama wouldn't have endorsed him. Sorry, not biting.

If you haven't seen the problems by now, you haven't been paying attention.

@RoboGraham there are Always going to be problems, it's like Whack-a-Mole!
Unless you are running for office, no candidate is going to have the same outlook or priorities as you!
In addition, all laws are a result of compromise, or they do not get passed at all. Blaming/praising one person for Any policy is not realistic.

@RoboGraham I would say the tRumpers are the ones who are blind to the serious issue HE presents to our nation and the globe. The anti-Biden people are, in my mind, the real fools and I have no time for more fools and will no longer respond to anything they have to say.

@AnneWimsey However, we all have been made painfully aware, in this case, one person (and some enablers) are the cause of most of the ills facing the nation today. The past has also shown how much harm and good one person can cause.

@JackPedigo

Sure, the MAGA people are very ignorant toward the dangers that their leader presents to the world.

And it's the same for those who blindly support the establishment democrats and their destructive policies.

@RoboGraham We as a collective are ultimately responsible for what happens to a community. It is we who subscribe to false ideas and seek self-serving ideas. The politicians often only cater to what they feel is the majority which is getting more and more difficult with our increasing numbers and 'diversity.'

@RoboGraham it is Not the same and how you can compare the 2 makes me severely question your understanding and/or motive. To compare the incoherent rambling scary weirdo in the WH to any other President in the history o this country is laughable at best! NO, wait, to compare him to any decent human being is unimaginable, yet you blithely toddle on........

@JackPedigo

So much for that no longer responding to anything we have to say idea of yours.

I agree with everything you said in that last comment but I'm not really sure how any of it is relevant to your stance on supporting Biden.

@RoboGraham because voting, l(ike passing bills that please some, some of the time) is Always the Lesser of Two Evils, at least in some people's minds, but never more so than this year.

@RoboGraham the difference is, if you elect sane people they will listen (and more importantly, understand!!!) Input from all sides.

@AnneWimsey

I couldn't agree more, which is why I will be voting for a sane person.

@AnneWimsey

" to compare him to any decent human being is unimaginable, " I think you must be making the assumption that Joe Biden is a decent human being.

If you refuse to support the least worst of your supposed choices, and continue to use this platform to demean the same, then you’re supporting the worst choice. No?

I think you need some serious growing up.. The bulk of this nation will choose our next president, as it’s now chosen the candidates. If you can’t handle their choices - then you’re not ready for the world of politics, punk.

Varn Level 8 July 16, 2020

Okay Dirty Harry wannabe.

I was wondering when you would turn up.

We have been over this. I'm not supporting the least worst option, I'm supporting the best option, by far.

It's really not a difficult concept. You support the candidate that you support. Not the candidate that you don't support and despise.

Hey tell me something, why did you delete your comment you put on my other post just a little while ago? And why did you never respond to the last comment I made the last time you and I got into it?

@RoboGraham You’re supporting trump - and too arrogant to realize it.

Actually, reading down - no need to learn you anything, others already have. But I hate to watch the abuse of the system/ platform/ opportunity we have here. You consider yourself an Atheist or Agnostic? Do you envision our Supreme Court with several more trump appointments!

Deleted comment was due to the fact I’d thought you were someone cool… My mistake.

I don’t come here to babysit you, though you obviously exhibit the need for attention. Nothing you’ve written has erased my vision of you ..standing around the campfire ..bragging to friends ‘how you didn’t vote for either of them.’ No, in this country, and our system - you will have voted for trump. There are two choices - yet you consistently attack the best? WTF?

and, get off my lawn..

@Varn

Lol, literally lol, what an old fart thing to say.

So you had a response but you deleted it just because you don't like me. How petty and childish is that?

You've no responsibility toward me, although you like to feel important and act like you're some kind of chaperone. It's really quite cringy.

I wouldn't call it bragging so much as communicating with like minded people who also see the folly in perpetually surrendering your vote to a corrupt center right party. If your vote is guaranteed, you have no influence, no leverage, no sway, unless you have money, which we don't.

@Varn

You know, you liked that post of mine as well. Better go remove it. Wouldn't want to be seen liking the posts of uncool people.

You strike me as a high school mean girl.

@RoboGraham 😀 And you remind me of a little prick ~

@Varn

So that's where your mind wonders to when thinking of me?

Pretty creepy Varn. Creepy indeed.

How is it that Joe Biden became so powerful to control all of these things?

He didn't control these things, he supported them. And he was a power and vocal supporter. It is an indication of how things will be if he is head of state.

I was just wondering if you will at least acknowledge that Biden is more progressive and less corrupt than Trump.

Yes, of course he is.

@RoboGraham Thank you for answering and for your fair answer. I hate that law and the way it has impacted and continues to impact so many Americans and something surely must be done about it, the sooner the better.

My thoughts are that our biggest emergencies right now are the pandemic and the crumbling of our democracy under this corrupt regime. I know that our two party system is failing Americans but for this year's election it seems certain that our president will be Biden or Trump and for that reason, I will vote for Biden.

@LovinLarge

That's understandable and reasonable. I think the harm reduction argument is a decent one. As long as you realize that the lesser evil you are voting for is still pretty damn evil.

I couldn't do it myself. I did last time with Clinton. I will not support establishment democrats from here on out.

@RoboGraham I feel similarly, especially with how they locked out Bernie twice.

The handling of the pandemic is bad enough, but I do believe that if Trump gets a second term American democracy may well fail and we will be relegated to third world status in terms of a renegade governmental regime no longer subject to control by the people.

On the basis of some of things he has done and said already, I think there is a very real possibility that this will be our last presidential election for the foreseeable future if Trump is reinstalled.

I respect your decision and you are right that Biden is deeply flawed, I just hope you're not taking our democracy for granted.

@LovinLarge

Democracy is having the right to vote for whoever you wish.

I plan to exercise it exactly as it is meant to be.

@RoboGraham I support you and I will direct my vote in the way that I think ensures that you will always have that right.

@LovinLarge

Thank you, I'll do the same for you.

I really like Joe, always have. He'll be a great president.

That says a lot about you.

@RoboGraham I hope GOOD things!
Blaming Biden for that man going to jail for medical marijuana is an extreme stretch.
Some people don't understand the old adage, campaign from the center, govern from the (choose 'right' or 'left.'😉.
No matter how goulish Trump is, Sanders would've scared the hell out of people. Joe is reliably liberal, that's what matters.
Not good enough for you?
Sorry.

@Storm1752

When has Biden ever governed from the left? I've seen him govern from the center right.

Right, when there is a global pandemic, a climate crises, an epidemic of police brutality (which Biden helped to create by the way) and an economic crash looming, he's far from good enough. Sorry.

@RoboGraham Better than Trump!

@Storm1752

Yeah, no doubt about that.

What a Pile of Crap I just watched. That's my view. Blaming Joe Biden for what Alabama did. I'll say it again. What a Pile of Crap I just watched.

Who wrote the crime bill?

Who still does not support Legalization?

Who helped get us into Iraq?

Who supports mass incarceration which incentives locking people up over nothing?

@RoboGraham The Crime Bill was passed by both houses of congress. And what Alabama did would not have happened in other states.

Nor does Trump or most of the Republican Party

George Bush and his lies got you in to Iraq

Who now supports Criminal Justice reform

@dermot235

Yes, the republicans don't support it either, which is why I don't support them. Of course.

Bush led the charge but which Senate democrat was his most vocal supporter. They couldn't have done it without the democrats signing on and Biden made damn sure that they did.

He supports criminal justice reform my ass. The man is a chronic liar. I'll judge him by his past behavior, not the fake promises he makes in an effort to get elected.

@RoboGraham So if you are in Politics for 5 Decades you don't have the right to change your mind and should always be judged by the things you believed in 40 or 50 years ago. .............Seriously

@dermot235

No, I hope you will change your mind.

And I'll vote for someone who wasn't wrong in the first place. There are options who have not done the evil that he has done. One of those will get my vote and support.

@RoboGraham So all of those poor Senators and House members were under Joe Biden's spell. Which is why The Democrats had members who voted against the Iraq war. Not true of the Republicans.

@RoboGraham You have a 2 Party System so well done. Your Vote will help Trump

@dermot235

Okay, so he wasn't able to convince all the democrats. Well that just shows me that, not only does he support evil policies, he isn't all that good at persuading his own party.

Those who weren't under his spell, yeah, those are the good ones. Those are the ones who are eligible for getting my vote.

@RoboGraham "The Good Ones" want you to Vote for Biden.

@dermot235

Impossible

@RoboGraham Obama Voted against the Iraq war and he supports Biden. So how is that impossible

@dermot235

I'm pretty sure Obama wasn't even in Congress at the time.

I mean, it's impossible for me to support Biden.

Doesn't matter what members of Congress believe I should do. I do not support right wing leaders.

It's not just Joe Biden, it's backward redneck states like Alabama which have always been cruel to drug users and blacks. That is why I will never take a driving trip to or thru the South. I hate rednecks and sadistic law enforcement. I bet if this veteran were white, they would have given him a pass...

I don'teven need to watch. What you would rather have Trump? What reality is that?

Very bold of you. Yeah, don't bother watching, it might make you feel uncomfortable.

I'd rather have a government that represents we the people rather than the corporations. That mean, neither Trump nor Biden.

@RoboGraham Abstention is a Vote fro TRUMP

@dermot235

You clearly do not understand how voting works.

And I sure as hell will not be abstaining. Never have never will.

And me...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516018
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.