Agnostic.com

6 15

The 10 Types of People You Meet on the Trail.

This is why I love hikes where we never see another person. Perfect.

My pet peeve is plastic bags of poop left beside the trail, broiling in the sun. What, they expect the Poop Fairy to magically clean up after them? Although I pick up litter, I'm not willing to touch it. While hiking, I eat with my hands.

People Who Refuse To Control Their Dogs

An increasing problem. In five years, I was attacked by eight dogs while hiking and snowshoeing. It took six months for my knee to heal after one terrifying attack.

Karen taught me to hold my hiking poles vertically and rapidly criss-cross them at ankle level. Dogs back off. "Stop waving your poles!" a dog owner called. "You'll poke his eyes out!"

"That's the point," I replied. "Grab your dog's collar! Dogs are required to be on a leash."

[outsideonline.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They had a lot of dogs running loose here when i first moved here in 2006, but i don't see as many now, Iheard that alot of people drop them off out in this little country town, I think they have some type of dog attack spray, I think mailmen carry them, and yes people should pick up their litter.

ml58n2 Level 7 July 17, 2020

I assume the people who refuse to use a leash are the same ones that refuse to get out of the fast lane when I signal to pass. Moderately aware of the law, but don't think it applies to them, unwilling or unable to be mildly altruistic.

Very well said and done!

The woman in number 9 is everywhere today!

Maybe you need a gun.

My wife has asked why I going in the late evening to the park my response always has been because there's nobody there. 😉😁

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516285
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.