Agnostic.com

59 7

What is you favorite Beatles song?

What is your favorite Beatles song (or two, or three...)? I'll start...My favorite has always been Across the Universe , but I also like Come Together and Eleanor Rigby... The Beatles have such a wide range of sounds, most people like at least something...

twitch 6 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry. None of them.

Yeah, I get it...there are a few bands that I can't get behind also...

Valid answer. No judgement.

@FuniGrl2242 Thanks!

I've always been more of a Stones person, but I did like some Beatles tunes. "Helter Skelter" and "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" come to mind.

I almost posed this question as a 'Favorite Rolling Stones Song'...Mine would have been Under My Thumb...

@twitch It would have been "Gimme Shelter" for me.

Another good one...'When the Whip Comes Down' (from Steel Wheels) is also getting a lot of play (especially in my head) these days

Too many to choose from. Let's see, In My Life, Golden Slumbers, Across the Universe, I am the Walrus, A Day in the Life, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Eleanor Rigby...

nice selection

Not a Beatle fan maybe because I grew up with them but Eleanor Rigby is a special blend. They were a special group and very talented that grew up to manhood... something stones never did.

"Come Together" and "When my guitar gently weeps" both because of George Harrison's guitar work.

@SACatWalker No shit? I did not know that. Not that it's a bad thing, Clapton being another of my favorite guitarists. But wow, this whole time I thought it was George playing that lead.

Changes often, but right now I'm on a Dear Prudence and I'm Only Sleeping rampage.

@orange_girl
me too. Been trying to learn it on guitar for a while now. Travis picking sucks!!

I always like "She's Leavign Home" and "Elonor Rigby"

I love 'She's Leaving Home' also....very sad lyrics, but the harp is outstanding!

@twitch For me, I always imagined a firl brought up in a religious home and leaving religion behind to be free.

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, Hey Jude, Sgt Peppers. And Many More.

Coldo Level 8 Apr 6, 2018

You MUST have heard William Shatner's version of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"...guaranteed to void even the strongest bladder, as Dave Barry once said....

a day in a life

For original stuff: Eleanor Rigby.

They redid a tune called 'I'll Follow the Sun" that I love!!

Okay, I can buy that...There are quite a few bands that completely strike out for me, too...

How do you expect me to pick a favorite? That’s like trying to pick a favorite child!

Possibly Revolution #9

Norwegian Wood. Don't know why.

Awww, c'mon, you know why - it's so damned sad and beautiful.

Eleanor Rigby is definitely up there. The Long and Winding Road, Rocky Racoon, A Day in the Life. I taught myself to play guitar with the Lennon McCartney Songbook. Someone made off with the guitar and my music books several years ago, I was devastated.

So sad to hear that. One of my favourite buskers in Canberra was burgled and lost his guitar.

I'd have to say "Yesterday"....but then I'd want to say the whole second side of Abbey Road.

I agree completely...

Back in the USSR

Not a bad song...I always imagined that if John Lennon was in the Beach Boys, he would have written it anyway

Imagine.

Yeah...I'll take that, even though Lennon released it as a solo artist. It has a very Beatles 'feel' to it...

Geez, that's a toughy. I guess it would be on Revolver or Rubber Soul though, as those are my favorite Beatles albums.
Probably "For No One"? Though it's a little bleak. I love the writing, the arrangement, all of it.
Maybe "Nowhere Man"?

Agreed...along with 'She's Leaving Home' and 'Eleanor Rigby', they did have some really good somber songs!

Can't buy me Love or Eleanor Rigby. Can't Buy Me Love because it's just so good to sing along to and Eleanor Rigby because it's just so different.

I find myself singing along to almost all of their songs, too...

You never give me your money
Cry baby cry
Hey bulldog
Too much
Wild honey pie

I like 'Hey Bulldog' a lot...good choices!

Penny Lane, Help and Happiness is a Warm Gun.

A Day in the Life ... but then I tend to gravitate toward long songs (5 minutes or more) and prog.

Hey Jude.

The entire. The Weight opus

So hard! I suppose right now it’s While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:51642
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.