Agnostic.com

4 2

Past Time for all of us to Google "EXPONENTIAL" and then immediately tell our legislators to make masks mandatory!
The "planning" so far has been abysmal & the numbers reflect it!

AnneWimsey 9 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My Governor can count and can read a graph.

I have Googled "who should not wear a mask?" and found the answers from official sources to be disappointing.

Among the groups listed was "anyone who has difficulty breathing". That's too vague! Sheesh! We ALL have "difficulty" breathing with masks on, if you want to define difficulty as "it ain't exactly comfortable".…and many define it in exactly that way.

What these sources seem to mean, on closer examination, is "anyone who is not CURRENTLY breathing," which is a much higher bar! So why not just say so? Sloppy language leads to confusion, and that confusion is quickly exploited.

I have difficulty breathing at times...Congestive Heart Failure....aggravated by hot/humid weather.
I can:
Get stuff delivered
Use portable oxygen under a mask
Move more slowly & take breaks, going out when it is cooler & less crowded
With CHF I Need to protect myself with a mask! IMO anybody who says anything to the contrary is Full of Shit!

@dave1459 Though many slammed the idea of running while wearing masks, experts pointed out there was no positive causal relationship between them.

The students' deaths might have resulted from other underlying causes, like some other diseases. Doing exercise with a mask on won't necessarily lead to sudden death directly," Zhang Shunan, a respiratory expert from the China-Japan Friendship Hospital, told the Global Times on Tuesday.

Other experts also pointed out that there are many causes of sudden death, including prolonged periods of inactivity during an outbreak and inadequate warming up before running, reported Guancha.cn on Sunday.

[globaltimes.cn]

I love seeing memes from people who refuse to wear masks because the have asthma or other breathing illnesses. They will be the first on ventilator and most likely to die! But hey, gotta get out there and hang with the buds while you still can, without inconveniencing your looks.

I have trouble breathing! (Congestive Heart Failure very aggravated byhot/humid weather)

I could get stuff delivered
I could use portable oxygen + a mask
I could move much more slowly, choose cooler times of day, take breaks.

I have ZERO sympathy for that excuse!

Yes! You might think that folks with breathing difficulty would be the first in line to wear masks, and the loudest in clamoring for masks to be mandatory! Wouldn't that make more sense than what we see now?

They never read that stuff. They have people who work for them that give them a count, maybe. Just wear a mask and stay away from people who don't. Not much else you can do but wait til November and vote.

barjoe Level 9 July 18, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516507
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.