Agnostic.com

4 1

How to talk with / to Conspiracy Theorists - [technologyreview.com]theorists-and-still-be-kind/

Allamanda 8 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do not suffer fools gladly, and I have no time for conspiracy theorists. By way example, I regard anybody who claims that 5G causes coronavirus as being willfully delinquent when comes to scientific matters: they are quite unable to explain how the former causes the latter and refuse to challenge their own assumptions.

@Allamanda If only! I have had as much success enlightening such ill-informed people as I have had in de-converting religious fundamentalists - exactly none.

Come to think of it, I guess those two groups of people have very similar thought processes. Hmm. I need to do more research on this issue.

"just wait until conspiracy theorists discover they're part of a conspiracy to use conspiracy theorists to spread disinformation via conspiracy theories."

Found this on FB just now and was thinking of this thread.....

A lot of good advice. No sense getting irritated by someone else's stupidity. Lean when and where to draw the line and walk away. For me, simply stating we need to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Ms. Basu is very kind...very kind, indeed. Problem is--many of these conspiracy theorists are just bat-shit crazy. It's difficult to ''be kind'' when someone tells you the world is being manipulated by lizards.

@Allamanda And I agree...she's the adult in the room.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516550
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.