Agnostic.com

31 3

Do any of you get frustrated having a debate with Christians ?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I mainly just ask the hard questions that I know will require them to contradict themselves, then smile while they struggle. I'd rather give them something tough that they'll be chewing on long after I've left the scene than win a small, but short lived, battle.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 6, 2018

Great method, try to get them on a Monday so it can germinate for six days before they go back to the cult for reinforcement of the delusion.

Was it a John Wayne movie, maybe True Grit, where Rooster Cogburn is drunk and the girl is reproaching him when Glen Campbell responds by saying something like " You can't banty words with a drunk, all you've done is best a fool"? Or am I conflating that observation from two movies. Regardless, it's the same sentiment.

I don't bother. there is no point in it. You won't convince them.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

I stopped doing that. The conversation goes nowhere and becomes circular. Now I just tell offensive jokes to my Xian co-workers.

no because I don't do it

Usually roll my eyes and then question all their facts till they call me a non believer.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:51657
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.