Agnostic.com

6 6

Peach-Blueberry Crumble is easier than making a pie.

Today I only had four large ripe peaches. No worries. I increased the blueberries by a half cup, and baked it in a smaller dish.

• 5-6 thinly sliced, ripe peaches, peeled and pit removed
• 1 cup fresh blueberries, washed
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 Tbsp cornstarch
• 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp salt
• ¼ cup cold butter

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Coat the bottom and sides of a 8”x 8” glass pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then gently mix peaches, blueberries, lemon juice and cornstarch in large bowl.
  2. In a medium-sized bowl, add rolled oats, flour, sugar, and salt. Pulse in a food processor. Grate butter into flour mixture. Pulse until crumbly, use a pastry cutter, or mix with your hands. The mixture should be lumpy and crumbly, hence a crumble.
  3. Pour peach mixture into greased pan and spread evenly. Then cover fruit mixture with prepared crumble.
  4. Bake for one hour, or until the top is slightly browned and the juices from the fruit are bubbling.
  5. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve alone or top with vanilla ice cream or yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers.

How to Peel Peaches

Bring a pot of water to a boil. With a slotted spoon, gently lower peaches into boiling water. Boil for three minutes, turning occasionally.

Fill the sink with cold water and ice cubes. Lift peaches from boiling water with a slotted spoon. Immediately immerse in ice water bath. Peach skins slip off easily.

LiterateHiker 9 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

e a plan that I am trying, I scroll by the picture quickly hoping the calories will not jump of the page. So far it seems to work. I did see the statement about vanilla ice cream, not scrolling fast enough. Look great probably tastes better.

Now I'm hungry 😀

I really need to get my oven fixed.

loved the idea of how you peeled peaches ,first i heard of it ,Thanks ,pie looks so yummy for ones pallete and tummy

Reminds me I have not made a crumble for ages. Must get round to it.

You can make me one of those any time you want!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517167
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.