Agnostic.com

3 2

well being economy - this really makes a lot of sense to me.

[wellbeingeconomy.org]

[iwa.wales]

[ted.com]

hankster 9 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A lot of information but I totally agree. We are well past due for a different way of economics. When I hear sustainability these days it always seems to mean continued. growth. The first law of sustainable is sustainable growth is an oxymoron.
Environmental economics have been around a long time but, as usual, it takes a major crises to make make people pay attention.

fear, suffering, pain can motivate change. can it do so with compassion, respect, and good sense? can the religion of money be overcome?

@hankster @hankster I just sent a reply to Justme43 look into this movement.

@JackPedigo super! people seem interested.

If we want Well being to be at the center of our success then we have to stop asking what can we do to make our economy better and start asking what can our economy do to make our lives better.

It makes a ton of sense.

I personally feel like women make much better leaders than men, at least most of the time. if I'm not mistaken all these nations involved are led by women.

@hankster Of course we are. Most adult women have had children and are well experienced in dealing with tantrums, lies, manipulation, misunderstanding, teaching, etc.etc. All jokes aside, I think people do find women leaders to be more fair minded and capable of considering the bigger picture than many 'business minded' men, and that's primarily all we've ever had.

@Amzungu women I think are much better at deriviing win win outcomes.

@Amzungu I read a book by Carol Gilligan years ago entitled "In A Different Voice". you may know it. remarkable.

@hankster Yes, I've read that one. It was remarkable. I read it in my late teens and it was very impressionable.

@Fred_Snerd that is why I said most of the time.

@Fred_Snerd I've worked for some great bosses, both male and female, but the one really terrible one was a women. No exclusive statements were made, as there are obvious pieces of shit in every demographic.

@Fred_Snerd if you run into that consistently I've got to question your part in it.

@Fred_Snerd go ahead. i do that all the time.

@Fred_Snerd later. peace.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517224
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.