Agnostic.com

3 3

Have you read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? What are your thoughts on it?

Hello,

I started reading the book a few days ago after an atheist friend of mind recommended it to me. I am soooo mesmerised. The books has amazing characters (I love Marvin), and great philosophical arguments (for example by giving the number 42 as an answer, Adams settled the question of what is the meaning of the universe once and for all; it is a meaningless stupid question that can only give stupid answers).

I absolutely love it and look forward to reading the rest of the series.

tsallinia 6 July 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hello again  I have just finished the Life, Universe and Everything. I must admit I don't enjoy them as much as the first one.  I also found the Restaurant to be the worst so far... Do you think #4 and #5 worth a go?

I'm glad you're enjoying them! I've read the series a couple of times and really enjoyed it (I'm probably due for a re-read). In line with what @Hastur said, I found the first two books brilliant, but it started meandering after that. "Mostly Harmless" was more or less to sate die-hard fans who wanted it to go on. But please don't let that sway you - they're worth a read. 🙂 Also, I think the series and the film are also worthy.

Lauren Level 8 July 22, 2020

42 but what was your question?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517650
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.