Agnostic.com

18 25

AOC's speech destroying Ted Yoho is political gold

Brilliant and incisive. Bravo! Women are cheering across the world.

"On Thursday, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez addressed retiring Republican Rep. Ted Yoho’s nonapology for calling her a “fucking bitch” earlier in the week. In devastating minutes, Ocasio-Cortez shamed the Florida congressman as emblematic of a culture of misogyny and workplace harassment, tied the Republican Party to that abuse, and once again demonstrated that she is one of the most impactful voices in the House Democratic Caucus."

Like all women, I have been lashed out at abusively by men when they didn't get what they want. Last Wednesday, I was called a "cranky old lady" by a man who refuses to wear a mask. "It's just another flu." A lousy first date. He was trying to be hurtful. It made me laugh.

"I'm sorry you were dropped on your head as a child," I wanted to say. Instead I let it lie.
Didn't dignify his message with a reply.

Watch AOC's wonderful speech on the floor of Congress:

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Whether she is right or wrong, she raises issues, articulates them well. All contributing to the discussion a democracy/republic requires as we move FORWARD, not BACKWARD.

What a first date!! Wow!
Thanks for the AOC info. She is good.

She was amazing. I don't always agree with every position she takes, but she schooled Yoho beautifully with her words.

Deb57 Level 8 July 24, 2020

She knocked it out of the park!!

Awesome she is spectacular

bobwjr Level 10 July 24, 2020

She's my pick for first woman president!

I think she put him in his place. Too many of both our political parties want "business as usual." Unfortunately this is different for both parties and AOC is viewed as a progressive. Neither the RNC nor the DNC are progressive.

Gotta love AOC. Her comments were excellent, and she delivered them well. Thank you, AOC. 🙂

She is our new leadership. Fighting misogyny. Sharing with my Me Too Group. Thanks

10 minutes of pure gold, how to be respectful and sensitive with others that don't share your point of view. Well done AOC. 🙂

She is quite inspirational.

She's absolutely wonderful ☺😊

I hate the term "bitch." Once that term is applied to a woman it basically obscures anything else about her. And the fact that it is usually uses about strong, independent women is very telling.

I adore the word "bitch" as I adore female dogs. "life is a bitch & I am one" so to speak. The whole anti bitch word is due to our black culture taking offence as dogs were once considered lowly by rural African Americans as they migrated north. When & where dogs ran loose they of course were at the mercy of hormones & fertility. Thusly the term became more pejorative as we integrate our cultures in our nation. I am sure I am alone in my embrace. Use of the words reduces sensitivity & its power. However it is entirely inappropriate for a government official to conduct HIMself in this manner. YOHOHOHO is a complete, errr, creep. One day...........

How could a "it's just another flu" guy make it through your idiot detector screen?

@Mitch07102

You never know until they show up without a mask.

I figured it's common sense.

AOC is a wonderful role model for all humanity, not just women. I should be honored to have her as a friend or family member. We should all be such "cranky old ladies." I would vote for her as president one day. BTW, I'm a educated old white guy.

But it was for jesus

These younger more diverse representatives give me hope for our future!!!

It was brilliant! I hope I live long enough to see her run for president--and win.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518270
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.