Agnostic.com

2 2

I'm not sure if this is old news rehashed or whether it is fresh evidence?

Why have I intuitively not bought/read/watched mainstram media for 30+ years?

[collective-evolution.com]

FrayedBear 9 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sharyl Attkisson is a good journalist but this is conspiracy theory hogwash. They are using her name to try to sell a bill of goods. If you really want to know about government overreach read Edward Snowden's book Permanent Record!

barjoe Level 9 July 25, 2020

Per Wikipedia "Upon release, the United States filed a lawsuit against Snowden for alleged violations of non-disclosure agreements with the CIA and NSA. The lawsuit does not aim to restrict the book's content or distribution, but to capture the proceeds Snowden earns from it."
And still a bunch of pirates.

@FrayedBear He's a hero in my opinion.

@FrayedBear I If you go on reddit you can find a link to download it for free.

@barjoe I'm saying nothing against Snowden. My criticism is of the US government

@FrayedBear Trump loves Putin but Snowden lives in a free luxury Moscow apartment, generous allowance and asylum without extradition.

As always, like comment about the bias of RT publications, your linked site throws the baby out with the bathwater "Overall, we rate Collective-Evolution a quackery level pseudoscience website based on promoting miracle cures, anti-vaxx propaganda, and 9/11 conspiracies. (D. Van Zandt 7/20/2016) Updated 7/11/2020)" and makes no mention of the article posted. As I always say "even a broken mechanical lock tells the correct time twice a day!"

@FrayedBear . . . and the comparison of a "broken mechanical clock" and a "quackery level pseudoscience website" is ludicrous. Even IF a clock is correct twice, no way to know when (IF) that happens. NO way to KNOW when/IF a website could be correct without corroboration from other sources. In the case of RT, other russians who contradict Putin publicly don't fare well -- I don't think that is an 'illusion'. 😛

If you have a credible, reliable way of finding-out about websites' reliability/credibility, the 'world' is looking for it.

@FearlessFly on the RT issue many of their items are republishes of media from around the world. Yourargment is like that of the banshee bitter divorcing wife who kitchen sinks and frequently throws out the bathwater.

@FrayedBear "republishes" I have, and will continue to, 'chastise' posters for NOT posting original source(s), especially if the (alleged) source is nothing-more than an 'aggregator' like apple news or yahoo news or FB. IMO those don't qualify as journalism.

The premise of your 'metaphor' is that there IS a baby, and it IS in the bathwater being thrown-out ! 😛
That is what fact-checkers are for, provide better one(s) if you have them.

@FearlessFly Did you actually read Sharyl Attkisson's article?

@FrayedBear . . . that is an ODD (and unfair) question from a "intuitively not bought/read/watched mainstram media for 30+ years" person !
. . . pot, meet kettle

@FearlessFly No its a question from a person who had realised that he was dealing with someone so heavily indoctrinated as to refuse information on the basis of zeitgeist kitchen sinking.

@FrayedBear If you have a credible, reliable way of finding-out about websites' reliability/credibility, the 'world' is looking for it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518489
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.